Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The not-so-newlyweds

Matt and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary this past weekend - so we are officially no longer newlyweds!  It was such a big year for us that sometimes it feels like it's flown by, and sometimes we look back and feel like it's been forever since we left DC.  I'm not sure which is better... though as I approach turning 30 this winter, I guess time could definitely slow down in 2010 :)

We were fortunate to use my parents' condo in Frisco this weekend for a little anniversary getaway, and we had an amazing time.  You can't really go wrong with time in the mountains - we ate at some delish restaurants (Bagalis in Frisco and Blue River Bistro in Breckenridge), got massages (thanks to my sister's Christmas gifts of Spafinder gift certificates - awesome idea!) at the Spa at Breckenridge, hot tubbed outside looking at the beautiful mountains, caught several (6 maybe?) episodes of Friday Night Lights (a fave in our house, though Matt's only on season 1), watched the Blind Side (one of my new fave movies that Matt bought me as a surprise!), cooked some breakfast, watched some basketball (though I had banned the NCAA tourney from our house after the Jayhawks lost, I guess I forgot to ban it from the condo), and just had a great time being together.  I can say I am definitely one lucky girl :)  We have so much fun together and I can't imagine laughing so much with anyone else (much of that laughter is directed at our dog, too).

Here are a few pictures from the weekend:
Bagalis on Main Street
My folks' condo
Gorgeous Saturday!
Our "big" anniversary dinner at Blue River Bistro in Breck


Walking around on Sunday morning




The backside of the condo
I fell in up to my thighs!
And then Matt did...


You can tell Lincoln loves pictures :)



Not much else is going on these days - we've been keeping busy enough that our Netflix subscription is not giving us our money's worth the past few months (a good way to gauge your busyness I think) - we've had a disc of Mad Men episodes for a few weeks now and I'm just not sure when we'll get around to finishing it! 

Matt is playing at church this weekend for the Easter services which means that I won't see him much on Easter day.  Thankfully our friends are having an Easter brunch at their house, so that will be a fun way to spend part of the day for sure (though I'll still miss the Easter brunches at Carly's house - I miss Big Blue!).  I'll be glad to see the Easter candy season over though - I think I've had enough candy eggs to last a lifetime.  Easter candy is the bane of my existance!
Yummmm....

We caught the Hurt Locker on Monday night at the Mayan Theater (our first time there crazily enough since it's only a few blocks from our house - an awesome theater!), and I have to say that it caused some friendly debate in our house.  I did not think it was as spectacular as everyone else seemed to think (i.e. the Oscars), but Matt definitely liked it.  I'm still curious as to exactly why, but I guess everyone has their own opinion! :)  We went with our friends Nick and Moe and had a great dinner at Karma on Broadway.  We officially decided that their spicy edamame is the best appetizer EVER.  I'm not even exaggerating.  You should definitely try it :)

It's been awhile since I posted last, so I can't remember what else we've been up to - our trip to NM got canceled sadly (my step-dad and Ethan came in first place in the cardboard box derby at the Sipapu Ski Resort and we missed it!), Matt and my dad played at the Empire again (on St. Patrick's Day), we said our first goodbye to the Hoins as they're back in Nebraska getting ready for their move to Africa (we'll get one more official goodbye in April), we checked out the Skylark Lounge/bar on Broadway with my sister to play some pool (well, the guys played pool) and I got a surprise visit from Julie which was nice,... and we're finally getting some spring weather!  After a couple freak snowstorms, it's finally hitting 78 this week.  A nice change from scraping your windshields in the morning.

Dinner with the Hoins on St. Patrick's Day at Old Louisville Inn

The other good news is that we head to the Bahamas in just a little over 2 weeks!  I can't believe it.  Oh, and baseball starts on Monday, so Matt could NOT be happier.  Here's my favorite part of baseball season:


Oh, and I finally got around to doing our taxes.  That is a chore that I do not enjoy - though we're SO happy about the tax credit, we have to file by paper this year because of it.  Not a fan. 

So... I think it's important to note some major current events in our country occasionally (since they often consume much of my conversations), so I'll point out that the health care reform bill was signed into law by President Obama last week.  It was a disappointing time for about half the country, myself included, though I won't ramble on about it here.  I will just say that I'm disappointed in our politicians who chose politics over common sense (though I suppose that's nothing new), and while I support reform of our health care system, I did not support the manner in which this bill got passed or many of the aspects within it.  I'm disappointed our President did not keep his promise to bring bipartisanship back to DC.  OK, and that is where I'll stop for now :) 

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! Also, I love Friday Night Lights...is it still on? I missed quite a few in there with our moving around and having babies so I guess I just need to start at the beginning again. That was seriously one of the best shows, I loved it. I am definitely a Coach Taylor fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES - FNL is still on! It's got this crazy deal with DirecTV to play there first, but definitely start up again. we LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete