Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer fun

As has been for the majority of the summer, the last few weeks have totally flown by.  The highlight being our brief trip to New Mexico for a music festival that my mom organized at the Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort outside Taos, NM.  It's a pretty small ski area, but gorgeous nonetheless (I hadn't been yet!). 

This was the first year for the festival, so my mom asked us to bring a "band" down and open for their headliner, the Johnny O Band from Boulder.  Though we didn't have much time to practice (and were somewhat nervous because of that), we ended up having an awesome time!  The weather was good for most of the day, but rain came in late in the afternoon putting a damper on our second set.  Regardless, it was definitely a blast.  Afterwards, we stayed the night in Taos at a beautiful hotel called the Sagebrush Inn (highly recommend it).  Johnny O did a late-night set there, so we all hung out for a bit more before calling it a night.  We met up with everyone for breakfast at Graham's Grille off the Plaza and had a great breakfast before heading back to Denver.  It was a great, quick trip, and we hope to do it again next year!

Some pics from the weekend:
















For the album of photos, you can click on the picture below:


Amidst more busyness, we also had Bryan back in town for the night last weekend, which of course we loved.  After picking him up at the airport, we headed to Delite and Beatrice & Woodsley (of course) to meet up with some friends and catch up.  It was a great time, and we can't wait to get to DC in a few weeks!  Tickets are FINALLY purchased to head out East, and since I won't be in class yet, I extended my trip to head up to New York for a few days to finally meet Penny (Nathaniel and Kim's daughter).  Matt and I are both SO ready to be back in DC for a bit, and I think it will really be good for us to see everyone and all the places we love so much.  Colorado has been good to us, no doubt, but I think we'll always have a little piece of our hearts out there. 

That's it for now, I'm finally done with summer school and will be wrapping up at work in the next two weeks now that they've finally found a replacement (I think I "quit" back in May!).  It'll be nice to have some time to get stuff done around the house that we've been avoiding before I'm in grad school for real!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment