Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Biggest Adventure Yet!

The Larsons have a big adventure coming... but before I tell you what it is, I thought I'd take some time to look back on some of our fabulous adventures since we met back in March of 2007.  We sure have been blessed.

* adopting a child dog

  * Broadway shows, fireworks, dance clubs, hot dog eating contests, marathons, and fabulous times in New York City

  * getting married after a Spring blizzard in Boulder

 * visiting fun cities like Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Durham, Philadelphia, L.A....

 * tubing in West Virginia

 * visiting Civil War battlefields

 * double dates with Senators

* New Years Eves in the Outerbanks
 
* watching Duke lose in the NCAA tournament :)

 * many great sporting events
 (including playing some flag football together)
(and of course cheering on Matt's beloved Twins AT their new stadium)

* fun times with friends in Puerto Vallerta

 * sweating around seeing Chichen Itza, and drinking lots of pina coladas in Cancun on our honeymoon

 * concerts galore in many cities across the country

* moving to Colorado

* living the life in DC

 * getting engaged on the banks of the Tidal Basin in view of DC's finest monuments:

 * exploring the Bahamas

* playing in the "family" band:

 * having fabulous times with our fabulous Denver friends

 * enjoying the Colorado (and New Mexico) mountains;

 * the making of a Jeopardy! champion

* making memories with our families in Colorado, Minnesota, New Mexico, Michigan, Illinois, California....

* buying our first home!!


Looking back at these pictures, I am flooded with amazing memories that were created with my very best friend.  (Cheese alert!!!)  I am so thankful to have someone in life to laugh (a lot, and loudly) with (and at), who supports me in absolutely everything I do, who is kind and compassionate, who loves me for all my crazy quirks and wants me to be the best version of me that I can be, who has a passion for music that far exceeds my own, who knows that we don't need money to be happy (maybe just to pay our mortgage), who loves our silly and crazy Lincoln/Stinker like he is the greatest and most precious dog on the planet (which he most certainly is not!), and who will undoubtedly be there for me no matter what.  I say all of this gushy stuff because I know that all of these things (and more) make me to believe know that Matt will be an amazing dad someday.  (I mean, have you seen him with Lincoln?  I'm serious...)  :)  And thankfully...

...that someday is January 13th!!  Our next and biggest adventure is underway!  (I hope that I was able to tell most/all of you personally, so hopefully this isn't a big surprise!)  But we are more than excited, nervous, scared, overjoyed... and while this Fall will be absolutely consumed with school and more school for me as I try to get my teaching license before the baby comes, I can't help but spend a lot of time day-dreaming about our little one on the way.  We can't wait to meet you, little baby Larson!  You will be SO loved.

(this is from my 12 week ultrasound - he/she waved and kicked at us - quite a sight to see from such a TINY little thing!)

From May 7th when we "officially" found out, i.e. The Day Our Lives Changed Forever:

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!!!!! So excited for you! Let me know if there is anything you need, have questions about, or just anything I can do to help y'all get ready for the big day. Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! You and Matt will be such loving, fun parents! Can't wait to be an auntie to this little peanut in January. : ) Love you tons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I am SO happy for y'all!! You are BOTH going to be fantastically, amazing parents!! Yay for Baby Larson!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Goosebumps reading your post. Can't wait for you to experience the best adventure yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you two! I'm going to be a frequent flyer on United... err Frontier.. with all of the trips I'm planning from DC to Denver, starting on January 13, 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw - your life is so full and fun! and there's still so much to be added with this little babe coming along. i can't wait to meet him/her some day. love and miss you guys tons!

    ReplyDelete