Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Friday, September 14, 2012

New friends AND the zoo :)



***

Because Kari just HAD to have her first baby while I was in Michigan, she decided to do the same with her second.  I leave for Michigan, and bam, she has a baby.  Seriously.

BUT, thankfully I love her a lot and I can get past that.  ;)  Plus, it doesn't hurt that little baby Fisher is just so darn cute!!!  I finally got to meet him last week and snapped a few pics while I did.  Benjamin is so lucky to have another fun friend to play with soon!  (Right now, Benjamin can only be trusted to steal his pacifier, so no playing just yet)






AND, this week we took a trip to the ZOO!!!  It was Benjamin's very first trip (aside from when Matt and I went to Zoo Wild Lights a few weeks before Benjamin's arrival), and it was a big success.  We met up with Mackenzie (+ Mimi, Bode, and the little boy she's babysitting, Levi) and Kari (+Noah and Fisher)... and it was quite something to see the sight of us.  I had flashbacks to times in high school when we used to scream/sing songs in my dad's minivan, or when we drove around town playing ridiculous games that involved fake barf.  We were super cool, as you can imagine ;)  But all of a sudden, here we were, still fabulous friends, and toting our fun/crazy kids around the zoo.  Wow, how cool is life, huh?

It was such a great time (Benjamin's favorite part was the carousel, sorry dad, not the otters).  We saw as much as we could in the sweltering heat with screaming children, and overall, I'd say it was a perfect trip to one of the coolest places in Denver :)
































Pooped!!

2 comments:

  1. couldn't have said it better myself...so glad you documented it all :) xoxox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fantastic. And a million congrats to Kari!! Think this means you need to stay in Denver... I'm just sayin!

    ReplyDelete