Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Women I'm Thankful For

It's no secret that I'm thankful for so many people in our lives that have - especially as of late - been there for us and stuck by us through good and bad, fun and hard.  This month I was particularly aware of how awesome the ladies in my life are and how incredibly blessed I am to have these friendships. I don't know how I'd do it without them to be quite honest! 


I hosted our small group's 5th Christmas dinner this year (it used to be at Keri's house, but you know, she lives a million miles away now...). It was so awesome for me to prepare a meal for some of the best ladies I know. We had a great time chatting, reminiscing over our year and our friendships, and celebrating all that God has done in our lives and in the lives of those around us.  We've been through SO much as a group, much more than I'd ever wish on others, but I am SO thankful that we have been through it together.  (Of course I wish this picture showed the beautiful faces of Keri and Rachel, because they've been such a huge part of my life for the past five years, but we know they are building new foundations and homes for their families in Michigan, so that's that :) )










And then there's these ladies, who I can't even believe I'm fortunate enough to call friends, let alone neighbors! They take my son at the drop of a hat so I can have a few moments to clear my head, they drop off meals at the most amazing times (i.e. when I have no food), they encourage me to get my butt in gear... and they laugh and drink wine with me, which is just about the best therapy money can buy :) This month we had a little cookie exchange/wine night, and it was another night of great conversation and great friendship.



No comments:

Post a Comment