Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Thursday, February 4, 2010

checking in and moving forward

I unfortunately don't have any exciting pictures to post.  This is a result of a) not taking many pictures in the last few weeks, and b) Best Buy holding my camera hostage.  After a long, 2nd round fight with them (I had taken my camera in to get the smoking flash fixed...), I walked out of Best Buy with a new camera this week.  Sadly, I don't like it as much as my old camera, so I had mixed feelings about a brand new camera in my possession.  BUT, seeing as how it was basically free (well, I guess it cost me the camera I loved for the past year), I'm going to give it a shot and take some pictures this weekend when we head up once again to Frisco with Keri and Joe.

Come to think of it, I did take some pictures at Zach's birthday last weekend at Wynkoop downtown, and then some more at the KU-CU game in Boulder last night.  I will definitely post some of these next time, but for now, my husband is calling as he tries to clean our house and pack for the weekend.  I suppose me sitting at the computer doesn't exactly count as a good excuse for getting out of helping!

We're looking forward to the weekend away - this week seemed longer than necessary.  I also got some unfortunate news that I was hoping not to get earlier this week... Long story short, I will not be entering a teaching program in the very near future.  Sometimes the best laid plans... well, you know.  We'll see where God decides to take me, I just hope he shows me soon.  I'm thankful to have a husband who is patient with me and understands where I am emotionally and mentally right now.  Sometimes I feel like I'm letting him down, knowing that I'm certainly not my normally energetic, happy self all the time these days.  But, we trust that things will work themselves out, and someday soon I'll know what the future holds.  I just hope someday comes sooner rather than later.

We got some news this past week that some of our dear newest friends will be moving to Africa in the next few months.  We're so excited for them and what they've got ahead of them, but selfishly, of course, we're really going to miss them!  In such a transition time for us (still), we felt so blessed to have met them.  Now, I don't think the miles will effect our friendship, but we'll certainly miss hanging out with them and just sharing our lives together.  It's rare to find people that you really admire, you know?  We admire these two and love how full of life they are.  Not to mention that they're just plain fun.

That's all for now... just wanted to check in before we check out for the weekend.  :)

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness i just read this and am about ready to cry. we are just going to miss you guys SO much. i have a good feeling the miles won't break us though! friends 4ever (we should get a cheesy heart necklace).

    can't wait to hang out soon!

    ReplyDelete