Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Off to a good start!

Though my blogging my be somewhat inconsistant and sporadic (does that word remind anyone else of the movie "Clueless", or is it just me??), I hope it's not because life is boring and un-blogworthy.  Well, let's be honest, many times it is!  But as I've gotten older, I've learned that that is a-ok with me :)

The past few weeks seemed to fly by... we hit the CU/Baylor game in Boulder (the Buffs actually won, which was odd), had Kristen and Thomas over for dinner and a game of Settlers (and boy is baby Katin gorgeous! Thomas said we should get "one" soon), made dinner for my family, shopped for a new side table  in our living room (exciting stuff!), finally started to use Google calendar (wow, it's pretty smart, not sure why we weren't using it before), welcomed from afar the arrival of Nathaniel and Kim's adorable baby, Penny, hung out at Matt's work's holiday party, dyed my hair brown, and spent a few days in the mountains at my dad's new condo with some great friends.  All very fun stuff.  We feel very blessed to have friends and family close by to spend time with!

Here are a few pics from last weekend:


Getting ready to head to the Museum for the Medtronic party (with my newly brown hair!)



Catching the Genghis Khan exhibit at the Museum with Lindsay and John (not sure why I'm standing so awkwardly!)



Arriving in Frisco!



Getting ready to hit the rink in Keystone with Joe and Keri



One of my 30 seconds on the ice :)



ice skating... or something



The really good skaters


















AMAzing breakfast in Frisco



cute streets of downtown Frisco

Speaking of friends and family, I'd be foolish to not mention the tragedy that happened in our world this past week.  Though we don't know anyone personally affected by the earthquake in Haiti, we have heard an enormous amount of heartbreaking stories this week, and our prayers go out to those that have lost their homes, their families, their livelihoods.  A great friend (with a HUGE heart for the world) directed me to Partners in Health, an organization that is doing amazing work in Haiti (and has been for quite some time).  We chose to support them in our own small way, along with Matt's former company's relief organization, as their staff there too were dramatically affected by the earthquake.  The images and stories are heartwrenching, and we pray that God will heal their land swiftly.  We are blessed to live in a land with solid infrastructure and resources aplenty.  May we never forget to share our blessings with those less fortunate.

Of far less importance, I would be remiss to fail mentioning that the Vikings are one game away from the Superbowl... after all, this is technically Matt's blog too.  This is in his honor:

2 comments:

  1. ooooo! A blog!!! I didn't know!! :) I LOVE it! (and the new sexy hair!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please relay my sincere sympathy to Matt. I wanted to see Brett Farve win it! :-( So sad. Hope your 2010 is off to a good start.
    sw

    ReplyDelete