Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Friday, January 1, 2010

Here We Go

Sometimes I wonder if technology has been detrimental to our "communities" as more often than not, I know I prefer to email or text someone over calling them anymore (sad, but true). I'm the first to admit that Facebook/texting/blogging/emailing have in many ways taken the place of real life interaction with my friends/family... which sometimes seems just plain ridiculous! (And I also admit that I need to get better at non-computer based communication.) BUT, I've realized that in some ways, all of this fancy technology has really brought people together in a much different way than before... in one afternoon (today - happy first day of 2010!), I was able to catch up on the blogs of about ten different friends and see just what's been going on in their lives. And not just read or hear about their joys and adventures, but see pictures and movies about them, too. I mean, you really can't beat that.

So, in that light, I've decided that the Larsons will start a blog. We really don't have much exciting news to report, so there may just be a lot of random pictures of our cute but crazy dog, Lincoln, and who knows what else. But hopefully, we can start chronicling some of the joys and adventures of our lives as I've been able to watch other folks do. What a fun snapshot of life to keep!

Wish us luck. And witty writing skills, because I'm severely lacking in that department. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment