Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Politics in 2010

Having been out of the political scene for a year now, I can't say I'm very fresh on the issues/people/campaigns.  Aside from a friend that's running for Congress in Eastern Colorado, I've lost touch with most districts and their upcoming elections.  And despite all the chaos and mud-slinging, I have to say that I do miss a lot of it!  After learning last night that Gov. Bill Ritter is not seeking re-election, I found myself getting up to speed (well, as much as I can at work) on the race and the craziness that it will soon become!  I'm repulsed at the thought of Ken Salazar running for (and even worse, winning)  the position, but Mayor Hickenlooper doesn't bother me quite so much.  I'd love to see some fiscally conservative leadership back in the state, but for some reason (maybe it's his mustache), I'm not yet keen on Scott McInnis.

Too bad Wayne isn't running.  I'd love to work for him again, and would definitely be proud to campaign for him and his desire to balance the budget and control spending.  Plus, he happens to be such a decent human being, something you don't find much in politics these days. 

I digress.

Denver Post article on Ritter's dropout: http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14130197

No comments:

Post a Comment