Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Baby Noah arrives

I finally got the chance to visit Kari and Jeff at their house in Boulder to meet little baby Noah yesterday (6 days old)!  He's just about the cutest thing you'll ever see.  After finding some health problems in him early into Kari's pregnancy, she had been designated a high-risk pregnancy and therefore had to deliver out at the University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora (a long drive from Boulder!).  My friend Keri works on the high-risk baby floor there, so she told me that Kari was in excellent hands which made me (at least) feel better.  As I mentioned in my earlier post, Kari went into labor just before I left for Michigan, so I wasn't there to meet little Baby Noah upon his arrival into the world, but spending time with him yesterday was awesome.  The doctors haven't yet seen the problems that they were expecting and had still seen as little as two weeks before his birth (dealing with his lungs mainly), so he's healthy as can be right now!  I think he's a little miracle baby... and his long skinny legs make me think he'll be an excellent soccer player when he grows up! 

I'm so beyond thrilled for their new family (Kari and Jeff will likely be some of the best parents I know!), and seeing the three of them of course made me envision what life will be like if/when Matt and I have a baby.  It's such a life-changing event, but one that I'm sure is worth every sacrifice along the way.  But how does one know when they're ready??  I think finances scare us the most, and the basic logistics of it all (where would we find a good day-care, how could we afford it, who would take it to/from, etc.), but other than that, the idea of expanding the Larson crew is very appealing.  How can it not be when you look at these pics of Noah?? ;)  I'm not sure how Lincoln would handle an addition to the family, so that is also something we'd need to figure out!  He's a very selfish dog that demands a lot of our attention.  Not sure he could survive being #2! 

At any rate, here are some of the pics I took of Noah, the miracle baby.  :)  I love him already!!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh he is soooo darn cute! I want to meet him! please tell kari he is adorable and that she is going to do a great job! and about YOU becoming a parent...I'm all for it! Lincoln will get used to it and love a sibling and you and matt will just eat rice and beans more often like thomas and i do to save some money :) but no pressure...you don't have to become a parent now... LOVE YOU ALI!!!!

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's gorgeous! Kari looks beautiful and you are an absolute natural! :^)

    ReplyDelete