Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Thursday, July 1, 2010

July already??

It's been awhile since my last post, well, maybe not, but it certainly feels like it. I can't believe it's July 1st already - this summer feels like it's flying by. SLOW DOWN, I say! :)

We've kept pretty busy as of late with the norm (work for Matt- he's transitioning into a new role, so that's been exciting, and school + work for me - I hate online classes, have I mentioned that??) but with the added fun of other summer activities. I'm ready for a nap.

Here are some snapshots of summer so far...

More gigs at the Empire with some visitors:
A bunch of people from Matt's training came out to watch:

We went camping with the Westras and friends outside Nederland - it was a gorgeous area, but one of the trucks in our caravan got stuck climbing one of the hills as we looked for a spot to camp.  It was a treacherous drive that I did not think my little princess of an SUV could make, but she sure did!  I felt a lot better about her SUV-ness after the trip :) 
After camping, Matt and I grabbed bevvies at the Sundance Cafe just south of Nederland then headed to the lake for some pics:
Father's Day was a few weekends ago, and it was nice to have my dad and Arlene over for dinner.  I made some awesome flank steak (thank you Today Show for the recipe!), and we had a great time.
Our friends Brandt and Jess never seem to be free on Friday nights (they're servers at the Melting Pot), but thankfully they finally had one free last weekend and we grilled an awesome dinner at our place and walked to Sweet Action for some delish ice cream.  Matt and Brandt busted out the guitar and sang some 80s/90s tunes into the wee hours of the morning.

We went to the Hornet to watch the USA play Ghana in the World Cup, and Matt and Joe came prepared in patriotic attire.  It was a fun time until Ghana scored their second goal.  And no fun when we lost.
One of the guys from the Empire group had a barbeque at his place in Boulder, so they jammed in his backyard after the rain stopped. It was fun - and we got an awesome sunset at the end of the night.
One of our old family friends was in town playing at Nissi's in Lafayette.  He used to be in a local (Louisville) band while I was growing up (Wind Machine for those of you from there too), and my dad has stayed in touch with him over the years.  He (Taylor Mesple) even gave me my first piano lessons long, long ago!  It was fun to catch him in concert with my dad and sister.  Nissi's is such a fun place - my dad always seems to know half the crowd, which I love, and it just goes to show how even in Boulder, the music community is pretty close knit!
This picture had so much potential :)

We also had a great time at Thomas and Kristen's place the other night having an awesome dinner and playing Settlers.  Love those guys, just wish we didn't have such limited time with them :(

Ok, I'm tired and should probably be doing some of the school work I've been avoiding.  Sorry for such a boring post.  I need to get on top of things!

Happy Independence Day weekend!

6 comments:

  1. lots of jamming going on...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen is Tom right now..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. now you have four comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're making me feel so popular! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the two of you make life so...fun. all the time, fun. thats just one of the reasons i miss you. i'm glad you are taking advantage of summer in d-town so well - love!

    ReplyDelete