Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween and Election Day

Now that I think of it, it's almost fitting that Halloween and Election Day are so close - both days are filled with a lot of crazies pretending to be things they aren't... :)  Well, here's to hoping that there truly are some great politicians out there!  And here's to hoping that the good ones actually get elected! 

In honor of election day, I thought I'd post a few nostalgic pics (from 2005!) of an old friend/colleague who used to work in the Senate with me - tonight he could become one of Colorado's 7 U.S. Representatives!  He honestly taught me so much back in DC, and even though I was about ten "ranks" below him, he always took time to explain Senate procedure to me or answer any silly questions I had about legislation or Congress.  I'll always remember that about him, because there certainly were people in DC with no time for anyone beneath them, especially people like him who you knew were always devising a plan to make it to the top.  His hard work has paid off, and I'm hoping he gets a victory tonight in the 4th CD (if for nothing else than to say that I have a friend in Congress) :)








Back to Halloween, Matt and I decided to take it easy this year and not do the costume-thing.  We had so much fun a few years back dressing as Wayne and Garth, but it takes a lot of planning (and sometimes $$) to do something really fun, so instead, we decided to have a few friends over for a more relaxed time.  Several friends came over and after eating/chatting, we all played a giant game of Cranium.  It was a fun time!  The next night, we had way more trick-or-treaters than we expected and ended up running out of candy by 8:15pm!  I hated being the house that had to turn our lights off, but we were so glad to see such cute kiddos in the neighborhood.  Yep, we still love it here ;)














This was Lincoln's "watch" for Halloween night.  He greeted every trick-or-treater with several barks until one of us had to hold him back so the other could pass out candy.  Oh Lincoln.  That's why you belong in prison. :)

1 comment:

  1. Loved game night + Sangria..so so fun! Thanks for having us! (and I love your opening line...nice.) :)

    ReplyDelete