Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanks-giving

December is almost upon us, and with it, one of the busiest months of the year for our little family.  December is home to Matt's birthday (Dec 3rd), my birthday (Dec 25th), and Christmas, not to mention all the holiday parties that are so fun to attend (and finals for me once again, oh joy!). This year seems to have completely flown by, and I'm having a hard time believing that December is but two short days away.

In the meantime, we've certainly made the most of November.  We've had some great weather lately, and as Thanksgiving snuck up on us, we have been able to get a lot done and spend a lot of time with friends and family.

A few weekends ago we celebrated our friend Nick's 30th birthday with a huge potluck dinner at their house in Congress Park.  It was Thanksgiving-themed, but vegetarian :)  Surprisingly, the meal was still quite delicious :)










Bryan has been so awesome about coming to see and stay with us whenever he's back home visiting family, and I'm so thankful for his diligence in making time for us!   I picked him up on Tuesday night (he got a chance to meet my Bible Study friends on the way back into the city!), and we spent a nice evening with him catching up.  Matt had to work on Wednesday, so Bryan and I headed to El Diablo for brunch then cruised around Denver so I could show off the great city and give him many reasons to move here :)  In the afternoon, I drove him up to Fort Collins to drop him off at his grandparents' place.  It was great having him here and I'll see him in less than a month when he's here for Christmas!


After Thanksgiving dinner number 1 with my stepmom's family at my folks' place in Louisville earlier in the week, we decided to stay in town for actual Thanksgiving to celebrate with our new friends ("family") here in Denver.  Keri and Joe planned an amazing feast, complete with a pilgrim and Indian theme.  We spent the day at their place enjoying a delicious brunch and spiked cider/mimosas and then an absolutely amazing dinner.  I'd have to say it was one of my favorite Thanksgivings that I can remember!  There's so much Matt and I are thankful for, and our friends in Denver who have really taken us in are certainly high on the list. God has really blessed us with a home here!



























 
We're looking forward to more fun next month as we have so many fun things to celebrate.  We'll even be heading to New Mexico to enjoy a night in Taos that was an anniversary present (way back in March!) from my mom and stepdad.  We're excited to see them and get away, even just for a brief weekend.  I'll be finishing my first semester of grad school in mid-December (woah!) and getting anxious about starting more classes and in a high school come January 4th.  And in about 26 days from now, I'll be THIRTY!  Oh boy... it's going to be a great December!  (We even got our tree and Christmas decorations up this weekend to get in full holiday spirit!)


No comments:

Post a Comment