Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Two Years and new shelves

Matt and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary a few days ago.  And while there was no trip to the Bahamas this year, we still had a great time celebrating.  As cheesy as it is, I am so grateful to be married to such a patient, loving, kind, funny, and talented man who just so happens to be my very best friend. We have had some amazing times and adventures together, and I know there are only many many more to come.  We may not be rich in worldly terms, but we are like billionaires in laughs, companionship, trust, fun, and love.  I wouldn't trade it.

On Friday night, we went to the Nuggets/Wizards game (thanks to Matt's company!) with a quick bite to eat beforehand at Brooklyn's.  It was a great game with great seats (the great time abruptly came to a halt when I fell down the stairs as we were leaving.  Not embarrassing at all.  Stupid heels. I still have a bruise on my shin.)  Monday night (our actual anniversary), Matt picked me up from campus (I had class til 8 - yuck!) and we went to dinner at Lola's in the Highlands.  I'd highly recommend it if you've never been!  Mondays they have happy hour ALL day (both food and drinks), so we got a great deal on a great meal :)

 I tried to get a pick of the "Tees For Threes" sign b/c Matt's "band" in college was named Tea for Three.  Too funny. :)


And how cute is this card Matt got me?!?  If you know the Monroes, you know we are a BIG Winnie the Pooh family.  So this card couldn't have been more adorable.  

This week is my pseudo-Spring Break Part II (A-West is off this week, so my Wednesday and Thursday are free!).  And in honor of actually having some free time, I decided to take on a project I had been thinking about for months.  Now me and "projects" around the house don't usually mesh well.  Tools tend to be only misused once in my hands.  But, I was determined to be a strong, capable woman, and so off to Lowe's I went.  I had a Plan.

First, this is the "nook" in our "office". 

Given that we have very little storage in our house, I needed a way to sneak in just a few more square feet of storage/organization.   I thought turning the nook into shelving could be much more usable for the office and perhaps a future bedroom.  But have I put shelves in?  No.  Did I have any idea what I was doing?  Clearly not.  With a little youtube searching and chatting with Lowe's employees, I ended up picking out some wood, getting it cut to my precise measurements (only to have to send Matt back that night to have them re-cut two pieces when I realized the nook is by no means perfectly rectangular), finding brackets, buying drywall anchors, picking up paint and a paint brush, gathering all of Matt's tools, and getting to work! 




After lots of drilling, measuring, leveling, painting, and whatnot (all by myself!)... we have shelves.  Ta da!

And now I must get back to the many other things on my "to do" list.  Laundry needs to get done, homework (oops, probably should start that!) needs attention, Lincoln needs a walk, photos for a friend's wedding need editing, bills need to be paid, house needs cleaning, blog needed updating (check!)... and I probably falsely assumed I was capable of getting all of this done on my 2 day "spring break". :) 

Oh, and fear not, I'm still practicing my photography skills...

(A game of Bananagrams I won...) ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment