Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mountain Getaway

Hmm... it's been 11 days since I last posted.  Bad blogger, bad!  My apologies.  It's not that nothing exciting has happened (well, nothing all that exciting), but life just honestly seems to be flying by.  Slow down, I say.  But no one is listening!

Let's see - we had another visit with the high risk doc to do another ultrasound at 22.5 weeks, but BL was very uncooperative being all turned around and upside down and whatnot.  So, we didn't get many decent pics.  But, we did get confirmation, once again, that BL is indeed a boy.  (Commence getting a baseball-themed nursery underway...)

And the next day, I decided it was finally time to document my growing belly... (notice the artistic lens that helps cover up how silly I look/feel taking that picture) :)

We've also been busy collecting an incredible amount of fabulous hand-me-downs from amazing friends willing to part (permanently or temporarily) with some of their baby "stuff".  I can't even begin to tell you how awesome it is to know such generous people!  We are beyond blessed looking at the cute clothes and contraptions that will soon be used by the little man himself.  :)  And on one particular trip to pick up some adorable newborn clothes from Mackenzie and her cute little kiddos, I even had the pleasure of riding the mall train with them :)  Bode, thanks for passing along your sweet style!

And since life has been filled with lots of school and BL stuff, Matt and I were finally able to take a quick getaway (a mini-babymoon, if you will, minus a pool and virgin pina coladas) up to the mountains for the weekend.  We had a great time relaxing, enjoying the Fall weather, and meeting up with a couple friends at the Breckenridge Oktoberfest.  Weekends seem to come and go much too quickly these days, but I was happy for the retreat nonetheless.  And though my cough still persists, I have been able to sleep for durations of more than 1 hour at last.  A small victory, but I will take it!

Friday night's dinner - stuffing ourselves with Mexican food:
 Saturday in Breck (it rained almost the entire time):


 Andrew bought a spiffy new raincoat in honor of the rain:





Naptime for the boys:

Taking a nice hike on Sunday morning:






 BL's first trip to the mountains!

And now I must stop procrastinating and get back to school work (and my 24 week checkup in a couple hours).  Matt is leaving for Singapore on Friday (cue the weepy/whiny violins - I HATE when he's gone!!), and my mom will be up for the weekend to help out with a little nursery painting and whatnot.  We also booked tickets to visit Matt's family next month, so we're excited about that!!  But can it really be September 20th already?  I can't even believe it.

3 comments:

  1. You look amazing! Praying for you while Matt's away and getting so excited for you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you Ali! Thanks for the new update :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SUCH a cute lil mama! Keep those pictures coming! I know it feels silly to take them, but baby L will want to see!

    ReplyDelete