Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Friday, October 21, 2011

Quick update: 28 weeks and counting

So, 28 weeks in, 12 weeks left... I honestly can't even read those numbers without serious amounts of disbelief!  I have much blogging-catch up to do, but before I get to those much more interesting posts (including fun pictures from Minnesota!), I thought I'd share some things I've been pondering lately.

Things I love about pregnancy:
* feeling all the little kicks and punches throughout the day (and night)
* let's be honest - the mostly regular intake of dessert without (too much) guilt is not a bad thing!
* taking a nap if I want to (though, this doesn't happen nearly enough)
* the smiles (and hugs) from friends, family, and strangers
* asking my husband for backrubs (or, more commonly, to play with my hair), and getting a usually pleasant response
* having an excuse to peruse through random baby/nick-knack stores
* dreaming about what our little guy is going to look like (especially in all of the adorable outfits we've inherited!)
* hearing "Good morning Mrs. Larson, good morning Larson Baby" from one of my students every day
* the excitement and nerves that come along with anxiously awaiting our SON!

Things I do not love about pregnancy:
* oh how I miss sleeping on my back or stomach...
* one word: heartburn
* one even worse word: stretch marks
* still feeling guilty about gaining too much weight
* the back pain, oh the back pain
* maternity clothes. period.  (though I suppose stretchy top jeans are not all that bad...I could really get used to them)
* not looking like the adorable, perfectly baby-bumped women
* SO many books and not enough time or energy for them all (what on earth did pregnant women do before the printing press?)
* worrying about if our little guy will be healthy
* worrying about how on earth he's actually getting out of there!

Anyway - that's it for now.  We've got a fun weekend ahead, so I must sign off for now and will hopefully find some time to update the blog on Larsonland adventures in the coming days.

4 comments:

  1. I think you are a super cute preggo lady! I hated how people would never say anything to me because they were afraid that I was just super-fat and not pregnant! But you look perfectly roundly preggo and so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little baby bump!! And I so empathize with you on the things I don't love about pregnancy - oh, the heartburn : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY YAY YAY!!!!! That is the MOST adorable picture ever!!! Baby Larson will be so thankful to see his cute mama with him in tummy :) xoxo! YAY! (awesome setting too!!!!) YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am seriously in love with your preggo pics. You look so full of happy. I love that :^)

    ReplyDelete