Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Singapore and more

To start things off, here are some pictures from Matt's trip to Singapore!  He had a great time (though of course detested the ridiculous humidity...) and took my camera to take what I can only guess are the first set of more than 2 pictures in a row that he's taken in years :)  I'm so proud!   He got to explore the city a bit, meet some fun people, do a ropes course (that he didn't tell me about til I saw the pictures on the camera... he says I "worry" too much), and eat some crazy food (which he loved, of course!).  I'm so glad he had a great time, but I'm even more glad to have him home. <3














When Matt got back to town on Friday, he met me for lunch (and got to meet a few of my students and see my classroom, which was so fun!) and then basically headed straight to the Great American Beer Festival with a couple of his friends.  While I was enjoying a nice, relaxing dinner on a fabulous deck looking out at the flatirons in Boulder with Kari and Noah (and getting plenty of motherly advice!), Matt was busy sampling many of the 3900+ beers on showcase.  Needless to say, he loved it.  I have no photographic evidence, but trust me, he was in beer-snob heaven.

The weekend couldn't be all fun and games... it never really can anymore, can it?  So, we got a little more work done on the nursery.  Touched up a little paint here and there, put the crib together, painted the "cove" red... slowly we're getting a little more checked off the to-do list.  A trip to Ikea only resulted in a cute $4.99 red hamper for the nursery, but we're still feeling excited about it all coming together.  (We're ignoring the fact that currently, the crib, changing table we're picking up next weekend, and chair we're getting from Amber will not technically "fit" in the room...)



But, back to more fun, we did stop by Mike and Laura's hat party celebrating Laura's 30th and Mike's completion of the architecture exams.  It was a fun time with the fabulous photobooth once again :)

  (not at all sure what face I'm making here...)



I've been busy trying to get my work sample/portfolio together and ready to implement in a few weeks, so school life has been a little crazy.  Pregnancy-wise, I'm entering my 3rd trimester at some point in the next week or so (I think...) and I'm really starting to feel the tiredness once again!  I'm so thankful the heat is dying down, but I hope my energy can keep up a bit longer while I work with my energetic students :)  It could be a long two months if not.  My belly is not all that impressive these days - you'd think being 26 weeks (just about), I'd be showing quite a bit more, but given that I already had a larger tummy than most of my beautiful, modelesque friends and sister, the cute preggo belly that most people get just isn't appearing on me.  But that's ok... I'm content feeling him kick and punch around in there!  We just can't wait to meet him.  :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi :) That nursery is going to be the CUTEST most stylish urban nursery ever!!!!! Are you kidding with the pennants and brick?! ADORABLE! I want preggie Ali pics!!! TAKE THEM! You will be glad you did. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Glad things are going so well!

    And I wanna go to beer-snob heaven!

    ReplyDelete