Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Friday, August 1, 2014

No more farewells please



This week I have been keenly aware of the major absence two of my friends' moving away has left in my life/heart.  A few weeks ago, the Westra family packed up and moved back to Grand Rapids where they grew up and have lots of family.  So we didn't take it personally, but having two best couple friends move away within such a short period of time has been rough. Not to mention that Keri and Joe were our first friends out here when we moved in 2009 - our memories in the past five years with them are too numerous to count.  To say that my heart is broken is just a bit of an understatement.


They share our love for life and enjoying/experiencing it with friends.  Our lives as the "Colorado Larsons" honestly don't hold many images without them in it.  In addition to the FUN filled years pre-kiddos (with way too many funny stories to share), Keri and I had our first children within six weeks of each other.  We kept each other company on those rough parenting days.  We got each other out of the house when we just needed a break. We supported each other.  We went to the zoo (a lot).  We laughed, we cried, we camped, we drank wine, we DANCED... you name it.



And so as this past summer has been filled (or overly filled) with working and preparing for Baby #2, my emotions have been on a roller coaster.  The past two weeks, as I've gotten more and more uncomfortable and more and more busy/stressed, I've also been mourning the loss of two of my very best friends - friends who would comfort me or just sit with me as I struggle with all these changes going on around me (or run with me to happy hour to give me a break from toddler-dom).  And besides, how often do you get such great friends living in your own neighborhood who are willing to get together five days a week if need be to stay sane and enjoy life?  How often can you call up another family and make plans at the drop of a hat?  I know life's stages change as we get older, but I wish I could have hung on to this one for a little longer.  I'm so thankful that we still have some great friends here, friends to experience life with. But, I'm SO sad to have lost (at least in one sense) the friends that have moved away.  (Insert blubbering sob fest)


We did at least get to meet the newest Westra family member days before they headed East.  We love you Baby Cyrus!


And with that, here are some pictures of fun memories with the Westra family - a huge, important part of our lives here in Denver.  WE LOVE YOU and MISS YOU.



























Our farewell gathering with Keri :(


No comments:

Post a Comment