Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fun times in Fort Fun & Old Friends

For our friend John's birthday, his wife was kind (and smart) enough to organize a day on a boat up in Fort Collins this past weekend. 

Side note: If you're not in Colorado, you may be unaware that we have had a pretty hot summer... we broke yet another record today (and have I mentioned that my school's building has NO air conditioning??).  My car's thermometer has been reading over 100 for about 8 days straight, but apparently the "official" readings have only been around 98.  I think we're catching a break tomorrow, with a high of only 97.  Which means my classroom may only be 92 degrees.  Lucky me!!  (insert much sarcasm.... hey, I'm pregnant, I feel that it's completely okay for me to complain about this heat)

ANYWAY - Saturday's trip up to Fort Collins was a great way to bring an unofficial close to summer.  The sky was blue, the water was (mostly) warm, the friends were fabulous, and it was an all around excellent way to celebrate John's birthday and a fabulous August day.  In addition to cruising (and anchoring) around Horsetooth Reservoir, we also visited two of Colorado's finest breweries (New Belgium and O'Dells).  Give these places a visit if you never have.  Totally worth a trip up to the land of the Rams.  I guess they need to have something redeeming in that town ;)

Below are some pictures from the day! 

























In other goings on around Larsonland, I was lucky enough to see not one, but several friends from out of town last week!  The Nagels, some of my most favorite people in the world but whom I rarely ever get to see (insert sad face), were in town visiting family and were able to stop by for dinner!  Since they are back in CO so infrequently, we also were joined by Kari and Jeff with little baby Noah (who is now walking!) for dinner while Matt was out in Salt Lake City for work.  The three boys were adorable, and also taught me quite a bit about how much work we need to do to our house to make it baby-ready! (i.e. a LOT)  Thanks boys :)

The cutest little brothers:




And to make me even happier, my dear friend Matt was in town from Seattle with his wife and new son (Henry - cute name, huh???).  Sadly, we didn't get to spend much time with them, but even an hour's worth of catching up was really wonderful for my soul!  Matt is also in an amazingly awesome band in Seattle that seems to be on the up and up in the world-o-music.  Keep an eye out for their band, Pickwick!  And when they are big and famous, I can say that I knew him (and played in an even more amazing band with him) when! :)  (hehe)


If you have a second, I'd highly encourage you to watch this video of them.  I'm telling you, they are awesome:
(The original blogpost written about the band from this video taping is here)

But let's be honest....where he REALLY got his start (lest he forget):



Ok, more info to come later, which I'll try to update the blog world on tomorrow.  No promises.  Signing off from a hot Denver. 

1 comment:

  1. Loooove the old Holy Blue pics! I still have my Rawk Sta shirt ;)

    ReplyDelete