Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Goodbye summer

I can't thank everyone enough for the amazing words of encouragement and support that Matt and I have received over the last week.  It honestly has been a really difficult week for us, with me internalizing a lot of it and not wanting to talk too much about it out loud.  For some reason, that part is a little too difficult, or maybe just too "real".  We are still in the process of processing, something I'm sure we'll do for awhile.  Thinking about the what ifs, the could bes, and the what abouts... and trying not to spend too much time thinking about the future future.  I am thankful for our kind friends and family offering such sweet and supportive prayers/emails/cards/voicemails/texts.  They mean more to us than you know.

And while we await our consultation appointment with the high risk doc on Monday (still not sure exactly what will be happening there, but I'll try to keep you posted), I had the pleasure of starting my final student teaching gig this week!  I will be teaching at the Denver Center for International Studies, a public 6-12 school about 4.5 blocks from my house here in Baker.


Only two days in (boring, professional development days...), and I'm already loving it.  I was so hesitant to see the summer go, but being back at school gives me such a great feeling... like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.  Don't ask me about that "great feeling" in about a month or two when I'm also swamped with my grad classes, but for now, I'm soaking it all in and getting really excited to meet my students next week!  This Fall will be an interesting one as my belly grows, we prepare the nursery, and I balance all my school work/teaching... but I am also thankful for the distractions in my brain and heart so that I can hopefully try to enjoy as much of this pregnancy as possible.  I don't want to let these precious moments fly by too quickly.  But yet, I can't wait to meet this little guy/girl and begin tackling all that there is in store, CF or no CF.

No comments:

Post a Comment