Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Halfway there!

This past week marked the 20th week of my pregnancy!  (Well, 18 weeks since little baby Larson has technically been hanging out) :)  It is both awesome and a little crazy to think that we are halfway through with this whole pregnancy thing.  Since we don't know if this will/should be our only pregnancy or not, I am really trying to make the most of it.  Does it suck to have tremendous amounts of backpain?  Yes.  Do I hate being so tired all the time (which I'm also attributing to being on my feet most of the day in our wicked hot, non-AC school building)?  Of course.  But these are such small prices to pay for our soon to be little son's arrival! 

This week I decided to treat myself and "splurge" on a very cute diaper bag that was on sale (yes, even my splurging will always involve sales/clearances) at my favorite neighborhood boutique.  Diaper bags can be tricky because I wanted something fun/hip, but also had to remember that Matt will be carting it around quite a bit, so it needed to be somewhat gender neutral (in so far as a purse-like object can be gender neutral).  After deliberating for awhile, this is what I picked out:
So, that was a fun purchase to get me even more excited for baby Larson (whom we are trying to pick out a name for shortly... we've got some good ones in mind and will keep everyone posted!).  We are still working on finishing up registering (I chose Target and BabiesRUs, though I'm hoping to get everything onto the Target registry if possible... everyone knows that's my favorite store in the world) :)  and trying to decide on a nursery theme.  We have one in mind but are having trouble finding the crib bedding we want... and without the bedding, I can't decide on paint colors, and without paint colors, we can't decide on anything else.  Not a terrible dilemma to be in, but a dilemma none the less.  Who would have known that navy blue (ish) bedding would be so tough to find?  Not me.  We are also super excited about the donations/loans of baby stuff already being offered from friends (and friends of friends) - having absolutely no baby goods prior to about a month ago, we are more than grateful for everything coming our way, that's for sure.

Anyway, all else is good here in Denver.  Aside from the awful heat of course.  Until it gets cooler, I will feel no shame in napping every day after school.  We got to hear the baby's heartbeat on Tuesday, and that was of course incredible.  Sadly no ultrasound since we got one with the high risk doc and will be getting another one in a few weeks with him again... so that will have to wait.  Oh, and here is a "baby bump" picture from last night.  Yes, we went to 7-11 for slurpees and a Red Box rental... and no, the picture isn't fabulous.  But, you can kind of tell that my tummy is getting bigger (than it already was ;) )! 


4 comments:

  1. Way cute bag!!! You know, Target online has way more choice in the bedding selection - worth a look. :) And the bump is totally visible and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Ali! I'm glad you're trying to enjoy it. And I say take a nap EVERYDAY for sure! No shame in it...take 'em now before baby boy comes :) I'm excited for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy those naps everyday, I agree! You are a beautiful Mommy!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the preggie pic!!!! :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete