Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Monday, May 28, 2012

Some pics

I am currently sitting in the backseat of our car as we drive through the fields of Iowa on our way to Minnesota for a week with Matt's family and to celebrate his sister's wedding! (Ok, we are not literally driving through the fields, I believe we are actually on I-35 at this point) While I've got time to update the blog that I've neglected this week, I figured I'd upload some photos from my phone. Nothing too crazy exciting by way of new pictures here (especially if you're my friend on instagram), but it was a fun week!

We welcomed the birth of Benjamin's newest friend Adele (daughter of Bri and Howie), enjoyed time catching up with friends at various coffee shops, wine bars, backyards, and restaurants, ran lots of errands, and I even got to sub two days for my old students, which was awesome since it was their last week of school. One student gave me a ticket to attend their 8th grade continuation because she actually talked about me in her speech!! It was SO sweet (of course I teared up during it), and it just reminded me how much I enjoyed working with those kiddos. We also got to see Matt play once again with Travis Kaker (this time at the Rooster & Moon coffeehouse/pub) and actually got our very first babysitter for the occasion so Benjamin could go to bed at his regular time and we could stay up a little later with friends. It came in handy to be a teacher as I had my pick of many great students who offered their services and of course chose the most responsible one :) Both she and Benjamin did great! And when we took him to the nursery at church the next day (another first), he did great and smiled through most of it!! Our little rascal :) Oh, and I chopped a ton of hair off and cut real bangs! I hadn't been to the salon in TEN months, so it felt ah-mazing.

And now we are in the middle of a long road trip... with a baby who doesn't love being in his carseat on a regular errand run let alone a 14 hour drive! Pics and stories to come later....

For now, here is my random phone dump of pictures from this week (in no particular order because the mobile blogger doesn't seem to think that is an important feature) :)

Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

  1. Ali, I love how your "random dump of pictures from a backseat" are all fabulously gorgeous and frame-worthy!! ;) You're a picture goddess...I Good thing you have an adorable, photogenic son! Have a great trip! Sorry we didn't make it work to Fancy Tiger BEFORE, but we're SO game when you get back! xxoox

    ReplyDelete