Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Monday, November 5, 2012

Reentering the World...

Well, the entire Larson crew fell off the grid last week as we moved out of our house on Delaware and moved into our new home in Park Hill.  It has been a chaotic week.  Or maybe it's just been a zoo.  Either way.  SO, I am nowhere near organized enough to put a post or pictures together at the moment... but I will share a few I have on hand (i.e. on my phone since I can't seem to locate my camera at the moment) along with things we've learned in the past 7 days:

  • Even if you think you packed and labeled well, you will inevitably be searching for things you need for the first week or two.
  • No matter how much you love Target (which in my case is a lot), there are only so many trips you can take within the span of three days.  Five is approaching too many. 
  • Mobile babies have no interest in unpacking, cleaning, or organizing.  Nor do they have any interest in you doing any of those things.
  • We have WAY more stuff than I thought we did.  Where did it all come from?? (See: lesson about Target) 
  • Nailing/drilling/screwing anything into plaster walls is not easy, nor fun.
  • Taking advantage of friends/family is a necessary evil. 
  • Having a garage is awesome in theory, but in reality, it just means you have a lot more space to hide/ignore the junk you don't want to deal with or look at.
  • Painting always sounds easy, but by the end, you'll do anything to make. it. stop.
  • Moving sucks.  Note to future selves: HIRE MOVERS.

PS - we LOVE LOVE LOVE our new home.  So, more pics and details to come when I can find my camera, unpack the last of our boxes (in the house, forget about the garage!), and clean up a bit.  Who knows when that may be!
Farewell first home!








No comments:

Post a Comment