Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Visitor!

This past Thursday our good friend Bryan came into town for a quick visit.  And there's nothing like seeing old friends, right?  So much to catch up on, and even more to reminisce about over lots of laughs and wine.  I know I whine about missing DC (or most of my 20s!) a lot, but I miss it even more when I get to see someone like Bryan who lived through all that fun with me.  Time together these days is obviously quite a bit different!  No meeting up for happy hours at Finn MacCool's or any other number of awesome bars, no more flag football in front of the White House in our CU gear (or, rather, in front of the Anacostia River...), no more drinks on the Georgetown Waterfront, no more late nights dancing at the Guards or Town ;)  (KY - I'm looking at you re: the Guards!), no more Inaugural Balls dressed in only the finest threads, no more accidental Metro rides to the end of the line (that only happened twice)... life now consists of early dinners and drinks at the house.  We try to spice it up, but generally, that's life these days :)

At any rate, it was great remembering all the fun times we've had over the years.  And it was great enjoying a very tasty brunch at Sassafras (a new fave of ours!) and dinner with some other DC (now Denver) friends at Osteria Marco (reservation was at 5:30!!!  Seriously, who have we become!?)  :)  Life sure is different these days!

Dinner at our place Thursday night after Bryan flew in:

Brunch at Sassafras:




brunch is on me!
Checking out the views at Sloan's Lake:






Dinner in Larimer Square:







2 comments:

  1. I almost cried when I read your memories of DC. Absolutely classic years, life is different now but it is still fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete