Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Celebrating us

Six years ago last month, Matt and I started dating.  Six!  We celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary last weekend and couldn't believe how quickly the time has gone.  I came across these two old pics from 2007 (turned black and white for effect, of course), and I thought to myself: hmmm, Matt looks so young! :-)


I'm so thankful for meeting Matt at just the time I did - I was in my late 20s, much more confident in who I was than I had ever been (and much different than I was in my early 20s!), working hard in a job I (mostly) loved, living in a big city I had been able to turn into a home, enjoying some of the best friends and memories anyone could ever ask for.  If we had met at any point before that, I wouldn't have been ready - I was still learning, growing, experiencing life.  But I am so thankful to God that I was ready at that time, because two years later this happened:


And a a few years later, this happened:

And here we are in 2013, and I look back at our six years together with a huge smile in my heart.  I'm thankful for a partner who loves me the way I am and supports me constantly changing my mind to maybe be someone I didn't even envision.  I'm thankful for the wonderful father that my amazing son has, and for the man who can make me laugh out loud even if I'm being cranky.  Parenthood has pushed us much more than we could have imagined, and I believe it is only strengthening our bond and faiths.  After all, we get to look at this face every day, an especially awesome reminder of our love and God's awesome love for us.


We kept it low key this year and enjoyed a home cooked meal on our anniversary night.  My folks were kind enough to watch Benjamin for a few hours on Saturday, so we got to "celebrate" with our second year in a row at Brasserie Ten Ten (a delicious restaurant in Boulder).  Their happy hour is ah-mazing, so we ordered one of almost everything on the HH menu.  It was wonderful!  Perhaps a new tradition :)



The beast had a wonderful time with his Grama and Grampa back in Louisville - reading some Dr. Suess, visiting the park, and annoying Buddy of course. :)  "Thanks for hanging out with me G&G!" is what Benjamin would say if he could say more than a handful of "words".





a snack for you, a snack for me


No comments:

Post a Comment