Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother's Day

This year marked my second year as a mom - woah.  :)

Last year, this was me with my sweet boy (only 4 months old!):

This year, he's not a small tater tot anymore, but a running, fork-wielding, sliding-by-myself, eating anything he wants, opinionated, 16 month old, big boy.  And he couldn't be more fun!

Benjamin (with "help" from his dad) surprised me with some flowers and a mimosa in the morning, before whisking me off to a late brunch at Trillium, a cute little Scandinavian place downtown.  We enjoyed our meal outside (Benjamin loved staring and waving at the passersby) and then headed back for a long family snooze.  :)




dad's crazy bloody mary





After the family nap, we played in the backyard while dad got all the bikes assembled, and we eventually took a nice family ride around the neighborhood and to Benjamin's elementary school (in four years) to play (well, to slide!).  It was a fun family outing.





















Once back home, Benjamin only wanted to slide some more (on our $4 garage sale slide!), and he's happy as can be that he can do it all by himself.







I'm a blessed mom to have such a sweet, kind-hearted, crazy and energetic, loving little man.  I couldn't even imagine life without him!

1 comment:

  1. You are the cutest, hippest, bike-riding, sunglasses-wearing, mimosa drinking mama ever!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete