Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Springtime weekend fun

In the face of today's snowstorm, I thought I'd recap our fun weekend in the very warm sunshine.  I didn't even mind getting a sunburn because my body was so desperate for the rays!  It's funny how nice weather makes life just seem so much brighter, fuller for some reason.  At least I know that's true around Larsonland!

Benjamin is loving his forward-facing position in my car these days... every time I glance at him in the rear-view mirror I just can't believe how old he's getting.  When did that happen!?  (He's still rear-facing in Matt's car, where he spends most of his time due to the long drives to daycare two days a week... we'll keep him that way for awhile since he's still such a teeny tot!)


We also read some books, played some ball in the backyard... the usual:







And on Friday we got to spend the day with Boaz while his mom and dad were working.  These boys are so fun together and it was especially fun because Boaz is really starting to cruise around. They play so well together, and I'm always grateful to have such a great buddy so close by.  Lucky kiddos!


they loved the cardboard box house more than anything else of course!






ready for a neighborhood stroll










peace out, Benjamin!







And even after Boaz left, Benjamin could not get enough time outside.




I'm a big boy!

Saturday we enjoyed a beautiful walk around the neighborhood as Park Hill did a huge neighorhood-wide garage sale.  As things usually go for us, we kept getting to a place shortly after someone had bought the item we wanted.  BUT we did find a sweet bike trailer for $25!  We consider that a major success :-)  Now we just need some bikes... hehe

That afternoon (while Matt took Benjamin for some bonding time to a local brewery... that's what CO dads do, right?) I had some girlfriends from college come over and we got to enjoy some drinks, snacks, and great conversation in the beautiful weather on the patio.  It sucks that we all live less than an hour apart and we have to plan weeks and weeks in advance just to see each other.  I hope we can make it more of a habit this summer, I love these ladies and am thankful to have had them in my life for so long, even if we don't get to catch up as often as I'd like.  Sometimes you just have to take what you can get and enjoy it all that much more.  (We missed you Laura!!)



Sunday morning we celebrated Keri's birthday with a brunch over at their house.  It was a ridiculously gorgeous day and the kiddos loved playing together in the sun.  Pardon Benjamin's near nudity, he got a bloody nose and I didn't think wandering around with bloodied shirt was very attractive ;)
















Happy birthday, keri!  we love you!
Our cute kiddos:


It was a great weekend that helped us get even more excited for spring.  We grilled some burgers Sunday night, wound down, and gave Benjamin a bath before we hit the sack early with windows open. We're blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment