Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Sunday, May 10, 2015

VEGAS! (3 months later...)

So this post is almost three months late. And the sad part is that it was one of my favorite weekends in recent memory! My ridiculously generous sister decided to take me to Vegas to see Britney Spears for my birthday/Christmas gift. You read that right: to see Britney Spears.  If you don't know me, this is something I've wanted to do for my whole life. If you do know me, well duh, you're thinking "how have you not already done this?".  I don't care that Britney lip syncs, doesn't really write her own music, can't play an instrument, went through a "crazy" period, married K-Fed... I still love her.  And I probably know too much about her because I even bought/read her mom's biography. That's right.  Call it a guilty pleasure, but I don't feel guilty. I love dancing to that girl's music. And I think she *was* an awesome dancer. And she's gorgeous.  Win, win, win. (Did I mention that I had a poster of her on my wall in college. Truth.)

So, Amber and I headed out late Thursday night. (Matt, my superhero husband watched the kiddos all weekend.) Our flight was delayed, so we got some dinner and drinks at Root Down. I could barely believe I didn't have screaming children to tend to.



And you know you've arrived in Vegas when one of the first signs you see is one for the Liquor Store.

Getting excited...

We got in LATE, but Vegas doesn't keep track of time, so we got dressed and headed out.  And while Vegas doesn't keep time, their restaurants do shut down, so we were at a loss for late night food. :) Still, it was fun to meet up with some of Amber's friends, play a few slots (you know, we're high rollers with our $5!), and have a few drinks. Somehow, it was 3 or 4am before we went to bed. What?!



Next morning, we slept in (duh) and went to find brunch. It wasn't quite "hot" in Vegas, but it was so nice to walk around and not having screaming children to tend to.







We found a Mexican spot for lunch... the margs were ginormous, and the nachos were the largest plated food you've EVER seen in your life. They were the size of Amber's torso. I'm proud to say that I did not finish them.







See? High rollers. :)


Better believe we got our two cents!

Amber eating ice cream with the ladies on the Strip.


And we napped. It was glorious.

THEN. Britney Spears primping time. I went all out on the makeup department.


So excited to "see" Britney! (It almost felt like we'd be meeting her... we were pumped and dancing to Brit in the hotel room)




(I do not own a sequin dress... I rented this one solely for Britney. She deserved it.)



Look at my hot sister.







And then it was time for Britney!!! The whole experience was really fun, the crowd was super into it and excited to see her, and the music was so much fun to sing/dance to. Did Britney lip sync the whole time? Yep. Was her dancing pretty lame? Yep. Did one of her dancers accidentally pull out a hair extension of hers? Yep. But guess what, it didn't really matter, because it was BRITNEY. We had a blast, sang our hearts out, and danced like no one was watching :)









A few videos:




And after all that good dancing music, we went dancing!






We stopped by the pool the next morning... but it was a little chilly, so we laid there in our clothes. Not too exciting :) But I didn't have screaming children to tend to.



And that night we went to see Pentatonix. Amber loves them.  I took lots of selfies.







We waited FOREVER, but had a great spot on the floor!



They really were awesome. Go check them out if you can.

Check out their "History of Music", it's pretty amazing:


Here's video of Kevin Olusola, one of their member's who also happens to be a RIDICULOUS cellist and beatboxer. You've got to see this to believe it. This guy can also speak like six or seven languages and was pre-med at an Ivy League school or something crazy.  Pretty awesome.

Then a last night drink at a nice hotel (hmmm... it's been 3 months, I can't remember which one!)




The last morning was drizzly, so we just cruised around (trying to return my rented dress).



Final cocktail of the trip :(

But this was the pic I sent to Matt - I was SO excited to get home and see my babies!

Peace out Vegas. :)  Thanks to my sister for a great time and a great little escape from reality!


No comments:

Post a Comment