Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

TAYLOR.

There was this one time when I really wanted to go see Taylor Swift. And both her shows in Denver were sold out. Duh.

But I really wanted to see her. And I wouldn't let that stop me!  Some may call it insanity, some might call it persistence, some might call it faith. But I convinced my trusty concert-going friend to join me (see: Justin Timberlake), and WE DID IT.

Not only did we do it, but we were two people away from her for half the show. I'm talking SIX FEET FROM THE BIGGEST STAR IN THE WORLD.

The short story: we totally rocked scalping tickets to Justin Timberlake's last tour getting amazing seats for a cheap price. So we were riding high on our past experience and figured we'd try to do the same. The plan was to meet up at the stadium as the show started and see what we could find... but about 20 minutes before showtime, I decided to check Craigslist. Low and behold, I found someone unloading tickets on the floor.  I had no idea they were next to the catwalk....

We had the best time, and Taylor, in all her awesomeness, killed it.

{I listened to 1989 on repeat for probably the first six months of Avery's life. That's not a joke. When days were long or hard, we danced to Taylor. Benjamin recognizes every single one of her songs. I find her to be an amazing pop star that I can only hope continues her path of kindness and generosity. She's such a gifted writer, and her words have a lot of meaning for our young girls. I'm thankful she shares such great messages (the girls at the show ate it all up, and it was so great to see such a powerful woman promoting authenticity, courage, and kindness). Seriously, no matter what you think of her music, she is pretty amazing.}

If you want to see video footage (I took a LOT), I made a montage video. It's pretty amazing, hehe. The first few video clips aren't nearly as good as the rest when she is RIGHT NEXT TO US. Trust me, worth a watch. You may feel like you were there:

Otherwise, here's a few of my pics. None are zoomed :)

Here's one of the many screen shots I was sending Mackenzie... "what about this one??"

I felt like a teenager being dropped off by my parents :)


There were her tour trucks!! Getting closer!

And I was IN. (Still didn't know how close I'd be)

(Got a marg while waiting for Mackenzie to arrive)

Heading in... hmmm, where are my seats?

Oh my gosh, they are RIGHT HERE!

I sent Mackenzie this picture... are you kidding me face?

It was packed with adoring fans of all ages (I honestly saw more 30-somethings than teens) :)

And then it began!!!!!!!!
































































Still can't believe that happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment