Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Monday, June 25, 2012

Catching up on summer...

I'm blaming my bad blogging habits (and bad picture taking habits) on the bad weather lately.  Our poor state has been ravaged by wildfire and the temperatures seem to keep sticking around 100 degrees.  It's no fun for anyone.  Our AC bill will probably be about $300 (no joke), but we don't care.  Benjamin and Matt are not built for this kind of heat!  Even Lincoln seems content laying on the cool wood floors inside.  My chaotic schedule has also helped my bad blogging/picture taking lately... let's just say I've slightly over-committed myself this summer.  Hopefully the worst week is over (and of course Benjamin chose that week to be at an all time peak of fussiness...), so now I should hopefully be getting a bit more sane.  Only one big project left for my class, so I'm trying to focus on that! :)

Despite being busy, we have had a lot of fun times... Here are a few pictures of proof.

Visits to the pools (well, a real one and a tiny plastic/inflatable one we picked up at K-Mart):





We attempted to use the pool in our front "yard", but even at 5pm it was TOOOOO hot... so we moved to our back patio.  :)














A visit from our fabulous DC friend Carly who stayed with us for a few days:


And yesterday Benjamin got to meet his Great Oma & Opa (my mom's parents)!  We enjoyed a delicious lunch (at Golden Corral - I think they only eat at buffets when they travel, hehe!) and got to talk to Opa about his experiences growing up in Germany/Spain during and post-Holocaust as a Jewish man.  It's so crazy/sad how little I know about my family heritage, and his story is so fascinating.  Someday I hope we can write it all down and maybe even do a family tree!





1 comment:

  1. Fun pics :) I love how you apologize for not blogging enough and I apologize for blogging too much! I'm on a Fancy Tiger high ;)

    ReplyDelete