Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Panic!

A blog post about Mimi and Papa's visit is overdue, but since I'm a little swamped with work until we head off for the lake (yay!!!), that will hopefully come later this week.  In the meantime, a development today needed to be documented.  Matt is currently lowering the mattress of the crib in the room next to me, because....

this little beast is on the move!

I heard him moving around and talking to himself during a nap today, went in and found this:

I tried to video it in secret thinking he might not do it with me in the room, but no, he doesn't care the audience, he just wants out of that darn prison!!  (Occasionally he'll actually shake/rattle the slats like he's actually in a prison cell...)  In fact, I had him do it multiple times for Matt when he got home, and the grin on his face as he beamed with pride each time he got up was just too much to bear.  Benjamin sure is proud of his new accomplishment!

Here are two videos as proof of this madness (the general steps are this: roll to stomach, rock forward/backward, sit up, bounce a lot in general direction of crib slats, grab on, pull up.  Sometimes it happens in seconds, sometimes it's a whole long process; the second video even demonstrates how he smacks his face into the slats every now and then):


While it is SO exciting to watch this little man grow and become mobile, it is also scary as heck!  All these crazy emotions just from standing up... I'm not sure I can handle everything else ahead of us!!

so proud of myself!

lookin for a way out...
I was over taking some pictures of sweet baby Emmeline today and was reminded of how sweet, calm, and immobile Benjamin was just a few short months ago.  Wow how times have changed!! 

(Here's a peek at that cutie!)





1 comment:

  1. HI!!!! Are you kidding me?!?! I just smiled through that whole video! What a stinker! (And those noises are HILARIOUS! I can see why he had the nickname he does!) xo Hang on Mom..I just keeps getting more fun! (and those pics of Emmeline are BEAUTIFUL! Are you kidding me with her?! And the name printed...so adorable).

    ReplyDelete