Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My favorite song

The past week has gone too quickly, but is one that I will never forget!  The time with old and new friends coupled with showering our little guy with LOTS of love and gifts was, well, amazing.  I'm not sure how else to put it.  A post on that will be forthcoming... (with some fun pictures!).

For now, as I sit at home during my only sick day of the year (yes, I made it to just about 32 weeks pregnant without missing any school!!), I am thinking about how blessed I am to have a wonderful family, awesome friends, and an amazing husband.  And speaking of my amazing husband, it dawned on me that we got engaged on a chilly November night in DC along the Tidal Basin three years ago this month!  That may have been the best night of my life (until our little guy arrives, I'm sure!). 

And in case you never heard the gorgeous song that Matt wrote for me and proposed with on that cold night in the moonlight and glow of some of DC's finest memorials, here it is.  It's my favorite song... I could listen to it over and over and over.  (And sometimes I do.)  Just a reminder of how totally blessed I am to have found such a wonderful partner in life.  (Plus, isn't it so HOT to have your husband sing to you?!?)  I love you Matt!  Our little guy is going to have a terrific father.  (Though I sure hope he's not tone deaf... what will that do to the family band??) :-)

"Song for Ali" by Matt Larson:


3 comments:

  1. I would have said yes if Matt sang that to me.

    Just sayin'.

    Matt, if you're reading this, call me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that was not the song that I was talking about. But it's ok as well ;)

    I already miss you.

    ReplyDelete