Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Update and Baby Shower Love

I've finally gotten around to uploading the pictures I've stolen from others from the baby shower two weekends ago.  Wouldn't you know it, I brought my nice, fancy camera to capture all the fun... but left the all-important memory card AT HOME.  So... I was thankful to borrow various cameras to take shots of the day.  We all know that I'm the best paparazzi around :)

A few pics from the fabulous event are below (click here for the album).  I think I've already mentioned how ridiculously spoiled Baby Larson was... but what I will never forget was how loved and supported I felt by every person there.  It was so much more than I could have expected.  And when things get tough (as they seem to do too often sometimes), I remember how blessed I am to have such an amazing group of people in my life.  How did that happen??  :)  My hosts (Bri, Keri, Rachel, and Kristyn) went above and beyond with their adorable (and very crafty) decorations, delicious food (with thanks to Kari and my stepdad as well, yum!), and generosity in hosting many of my nearest and dearest friends and family.  You ladies are such a HUGE blessing to me, I hope I never let you forget that. 

Also, we had what I was hoping would be our last ultrasound to monitor the whole bowel issue today.  Unfortunately, it will not be our last ultrasound, as the doctor did see the dilated loops still.  Long story short, they want to keep monitoring it in case they decide BL needs to come a little earlier than expected... Prayers for that are always appreciated!  Specifically, prayers that things don't change and that the "loops" don't get any bigger.  I suppose everyone goes into their pregnancies hoping for a joyful, wonderful time as the baby grows and you prepare your home.  Being caught up in the worry and questions of it all, I just wish I were able to do a bit more of the whole "joyful" thing sometimes.  It's hard not knowing if your baby will be healthy... and while I try to be patient, I can't stop my brain from wandering into all the different realms of possibilities which often keeps me from enjoying this amazing time.  Still, we are so excited for him to get here and finally get to the bottom of this stuff, come what may.

Mostly, Baby Larson, we are just SO excited to meet you and love you.  Try to slow down on the whole growing thing though, huh?  I hear you're about 4lbs 12 oz already...which is apparently a bit ahead of schedule for 33 weeks. :-)  Extra turkey for me tomorrow!

A few fun baby shower pictures:

























No comments:

Post a Comment