Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pre-Thanksgiving Post

 I'm a little behind on keeping up with the Larson blog (hmmm.... maybe that would have been a good title, Keeping up with the Larsons....  Though I suppose it's not quite as catchy as Kardashians.  And yes, I do watch that occasionally.  Sue me.). 

So here are a few updates from pre-Thanksgiving festivities.  A post on Thanksgiving festivities (and they were wonderful!) to come in the future.

After my fabulous baby shower, we surprised Kristyn with a celebration for her 30th birthday!  Isn't she gorgeous (especially with her fab new 'do)?? :)

That weekend, three of my very best friends came into town from DC for the shower (Bryan, Karen, and Carly).  It meant the world to me to have them travel so far to celebrate BL with us.  I'm glad I get to see Bryan a lot (he's so faithful about spending time with us as often as possible!), but I miss all of my great girly time together with Karen and Carly back in DC.  Thankfully, they both own condos there, so I will feel free to visit often (once I'm employed). And thankfully, we can always pick up right where we left off.  A gift.  :)  Anyway... we met up with other former-DC friends (who now live in D-town, yay!) for dinner and had a great time catching up.  It was so much fun having them here.  I miss you guys already!




And continuing the 30th birthday theme, my bff Kari's 30th was that same week!  To celebrate, we took her adorable family to Pasta Jay's in Boulder... any time with them is fabulous, and it was great to celebrate not only Kari's 30th, but many many many years of friendship.  I'm so grateful for her constant support and love in my life, not to mention all of the amazing memories we have from the past 17ish years of our lives!  



And then continuing the theme of visitors, we had a VERY long distance visitor come into town the weekend before Thanskgiving.  Mr. Whitmire (aka "The Original Scheister") himself.

Whit moved to Jakarta, Indonesia from DC a few years ago and is only just now coming back to the states.... though he'll be off once again in a few months, this time to Bogota, Columbia. Crazy traveler (and hard worker) that kid is.  We miss his crazy antics, but it was great having him stop in Denver to stay with us for a few days before heading home.  Whitscheister, we miss you!



And finally, we celebrated a pre-Thanksgiving meal with my stepmom's family that same weekend.  Kicking off a week of delicious (and plentiful) food, we ate a lot and had a good time relaxing.  Sadly, I only remembered my camera at the end of the night, so these are the only two pics I snapped :)  (BL is 32 weeks in that bottom picture!)

Thanksgiving pictures and tales to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment