Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Blast from the Past

My friend is a rock star.  (Or Rowk Sta if you knew us when...) And last night, I finally got to see him on TOUR. With a REAL band.  It sounds so silly, but when you've known someone for so long, you can't help but feel extremely proud of them when you get to watch them do something they love so much (and have worked really hard for!).  It was an amazing night!  (more on that after the quick retrospective)

I'm pretty confident that Pickwick will be hitting it big, I mean, if you can sell out shows regularly in Seattle, you know there are big things in store! So, with that being the case, I am totally excited to be able to say I knew him when...

...we were in high school:


...we had an awe-some band in high school (I'll spare you the audio clip):


you early Holy Blue fans may remember him always standing about 10 feet from the rest of us... possibly nerves, possibly just being smart ;)


...and then when we had a "band" or two in college:

the fake CD cover shot, of course

...we had some fun times in college:


 ...and some even more fun times after college:


And now, my friend is a legitimate rock star, currently en route to play three shows at SXSW.  Yes, SXSW!  I'm so happy for him.

Ok, enough reminiscing and gushing...

Pickwick was playing at a little venue in our neighborhood last night, so I gathered some friends up to enjoy a few drinks at our house beforehand and then walk over to the show.  The weather here has been amazing, so it ended up being a perfect evening!  (I even got to see Emmett and his wife before they had to go to soundcheck, which was great!)  Everyone gave the band rave reviews (Matt was probably the loudest fan), I ran into a bunch of old friends who were there to support the band, and we can't wait for them to come back. 
the Emmetts meeting Benjamin before the gig

my dad just shaved his head to raise money for children's cancer - now he and BW look even more alike!
Grandma Arlene was kind enough to babysit!

And a few videos:

2 comments:

  1. fun seeing all those awesome people! glad you had a good time. make sure you pass along to Amber that she's looking fabulous! Love you ali!!!

    ReplyDelete