Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom
***
 




Benjamin wasn't too keen on taking Easter pictures, but I guess I wouldn't be either if I couldn't have any yummy Easter candy!  Thankfully, though, we did get a couple good family shots while BW was still in his church attire.  



After being beyond packed at each of the FOUR services held last year, our church decided to rent out the ballroom at the Sheraton downtown to hold one giant service with our whole church family.  Though I'm not much of a fan of mega churches, it did feel pretty neat to sit amongst some 2000 people worshiping the risen God.  We're so thankful for finding such a special church that holds the same values that we do.  It sure helps that we love all the people we meet there (and I always love running into old friends too!).  It was my first time at a holiday service as a real church-going mom... standing in the back bouncing the baby during the sermon, eventually needing to head to the lobby to feed him (and catch up with a bunch of other feeding moms out there), trying to keep our baby quiet enough so as to not bother other people worshiping.  Overall, I think BW did a terrific job and especially enjoyed the music (he takes after his mom and dad!).  Someday he'll understand what all the fuss is about.



After church we headed to a potluck picnic at Wash Park with Amber & DJ and some friends from church.  It was a beautiful day, too beautiful for me to remember to take many pictures!  Oops.





It certainly was a wonderful Easter Sunday.  
 ***

Monday Matt had to work a case up in Vail, so after leaving at the crack of dawn, he got home in time to catch some of the Rockies' game (the home opener!).  Baseball will be ruling our lives these days... 

Benjamin needed to rest up, so he and Lincoln took a little snooze together:

And later that night, he needed some more rest, so he napped with daddy while mom watched The Voice:

And last night I hosted Bible Study at our place and got to catch up with these great women.  I normally don't take photos at our get-togethers, but all of a sudden I was reminded how quickly time flies and how I'll love showing Benjamin these photos when he's older.  "They knew you when you were born and oh so little!" 


Plus, we finally got Bri to hold Benjamin for more than a minute. ;)  A little prep for her baby coming next month!!!

****
WW Wednesday update: -1lbs
Total: -6lbs
(Yes, only 1lb down this week, but I'm taking that as a positive, since I indulged on a fair amount of candy and delicious food during both Friday's supper group and Easter... back on track this week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment