Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Feels like summer!

The weather this weekend was simply too gorgeous to be taking many pictures.  Wait.  Scratch that.  It was so gorgeous, I should have taken a ton of pictures... but instead I tried to actually take part in it!  We were in the 80s most of the weekend (Benjamin and Matt were both too hot most of the time), and we certainly enjoyed it.



My mom, Jason, and Ethan came up for a quick visit and Benjamin loved seeing them.  (The parents also loved having Jason do a little handiwork, getting rid of the incredibly loud/obnoxious creak in the floor by Benjamin's crib!!)  The guys (minus Benjamin) played a little disc golf and we ate two delicious dinners together.  It was a nice, relaxing time!





The rest of the weekend was filled with a little English Premiere League Soccer-watching at the Three Lions with the Campbells (Matt's team was playing Andrew's), enjoying a delicious Mexican lunch with my folks, video-chatting with Mimi & Papa while BW was taking a bath, and enjoying an amazingly beautiful evening outside with the Westras, Van Wylens, and Campbells at Keri & Joe's house.  (I'll have to steal some pictures from them since I forgot to take my camera out...) Thankfully, the Jayhawks (barely!) won their Final Four game against Ohio State (yes, I had BW in some Kansas attire, of course), so we're looking forward to the game tomorrow night!!  Rock Chalk!

Today was yet another beautiful day and the day that Matt and I decided to start our "Couch to 5k" plan.  It's a pretty straightforward "program" to get you into jogging shape with the goal being to eventually (in 2 months) run a 5k. Obviously this is more for my slow behind, but Matt gets to push the stroller while we do it, so hopefully he's getting a slightly more difficult work out.  We (and by "we", I mean me, but Matt is a good husband and supporting me) jumped back on the Weight Watchers bandwagon.  I was down 25lbs on it when I got pregnant with BW, and once you're pregnant they ask you to suspend your subscription until you get the all-clear from your doctor postpartum.  And, after finally feeling more like myself after the c-section (minus any strength in my abdomen/core), my OB said now is a good time to start things back up.  I've got a long way to go, but it's a marathon, not a sprint!  Plus, their online system is SO much better and easier than the WW days of old.  There's really no excuses left :)  I made an AMAZING dinner tonight inspired by a devilish episode of The Chew last week that was dedicated to mac 'n cheese (my own personal weakness).  I was able to lean the recipe down, and it was ri-diculous.  Gave me hope for many more delicious and leaned-down meals to come.


And so, we'll see how things go (well, hopefully the scale goes down).  Meanwhile, we still LOVE our little man and can't get enough of him.


No comments:

Post a Comment