Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Monday, April 30, 2012

So in love

Lately I've been in the "wow, I love you SOOOO much" phase with Benjamin.  Not like I wasn't before and won't be in the future, but I am just constantly caught off guard by his adorable smiles, his loving coos, and his precious features (fingers, toes, cheeks, you name it).  I sometimes feel like I'm realizing it for the first time... this is MY son, MY baby!  It's like my heart is bursting :)

I feel so incredibly lucky to have such a good boy, and I've felt even more so when we're out and about and random strangers comment on how well-behaved and smiley he is (well, as "well-behaved" as one can be as a 3.5 month old!).  His smiles seem to be contagious, and they melt my heart in an instant.  I don't know if it's just because he seems so darn happy, or if it's because I can see myself and Matt in his face when he crinkles up his nose, squints his eyes, and shoots us a big gummy grin. He'll smile at a pretty girl (he loves the ladies already!), at a stranger, at Lincoln, at the mirror, at himself for doing something clearly awesome (like "standing")... he only puts his smiles away when he's hungry or taken away from his buddies (or when the camera comes out, hence all the blurry shots I try to take on the go!).  This, unfortunately has made bedtime hard because he just wants to keep playing with everyone!  A blessing and a curse, I suppose.  But honestly, I'm not complaining.

Kim even commented on what a good baby he was while babysitting :) That makes ME smile!

I am also so thankful that he already LOVES music... our little man is such a trooper joining us for his dad's gigs, even at a special one in Olde Town Arvada this past weekend.  Matt was invited to play with the Travis Kaker Band, and they did an awesome job - I think Matt will even be playing again with them at the end of May!  I've said it before, but I know how lucky I am to have found such a musical stud of a husband to fit in perfectly with my music-making family.  I can tell by Benjamin's enthusiasm that he already wants to join the family band!
some jamming on the porch for our neighbors and passersby
a little family band practice in our living room

with Travis Kaker

getting ready to watch dad play some music
our make-shift noise cancellers when the 2nd band went on and was a tad loud...
 

One song from their set (listen to the whole thing, it's pretty awesome!):

Ok, that's enough gushing for one night.  Just had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment