Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Now that I'm officially a teacher, I officially had a Thanksgiving break.  Only 3 days off school, but I'll take it!  :)  We were able to fill the days off with a lot of fun (and housework), and not as much school work as I needed.  But my brain and heart needed a rest, so I don't feel too bad.  (Ok, I do, but I'm telling myself I don't!)

After a delicious dinner with my stepmom's family the weekend before Thanksgiving (somehow I only have pictures of the food...), we enjoyed a great "Friendsgiving" once again on the holiday itself and had a great time with our neighborhood friends.  It's silly to say it again and again, but we're so thankful for the community we have here!  And no, I guess that's not silly to say over and over again, because I do mean it!  The Westras were wonderful hosts yet again, and all our kiddos took nice loooong naps so we could eat in peace :) (Pics are a little out of order because I borrowed some of Evie's pictures!)






 










those are the two dishes I made at the bottom - brussel sprouts with bacon and a green bean salad!















And how special was it for us to decorate the house for Christmas with our little man's help this year! Rest assured that first thing Friday morning, that is what we did!  Benjamin only broke two ornaments throughout the day (on accident) and really loved helping us.  I'm treasuring these moments with him, growing boy!
















 





No comments:

Post a Comment