Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Crazy lady

Today was one of those days.  Well, technically, it started last night.  I thought things would get better as the day went on, but alas, it is 5pm, and I have few victories to speak of.

Let's go back.

Matt had some band practice after work (which no, I wasn't a fan of since he didn't get home til 9pm), and Benjamin and I had had a surprisingly great day together!  Not one, but two naps in the crib, not much fussing, and generally a pretty pleasant demeanor all day (for both of us).  He stuck pretty well to our Baby Wise-ish schedule, and I was even able to clean a little around the house and get out to run an errand (woah!).  I gave him a bath in the afternoon, and he didn't even fuss for one second of it.  (He did surprise me not but 10 seconds after I got him out of the tub with the gift of peeing right on me and his clean towel... sweet!!)

there's the pee aftermath... oops!!

Victories all the way around.  So as the night wore on, I was sad Matt wouldn't be able to see Benjamin in all of his good-baby-glory and tried to keep him up just...a...bit...longer.  Technically, BW was supposed be having "waketime", but I did push it... and I think I'm paying dearly for it today.  All of a sudden, BW didn't want to have anything to do with going to bed semi-peacefully (which normally hasn't been a problem).  He didn't want to sleep peacefully, he didn't want to wait a normal length of time before feedings, and this morning, he most certainly did not want to go back to sleep without being right next to me.  And even after he cozied up next to me in bed, he whimpered and fussed for another two hours.

Most of today has been a blur... I did manage to get him into his crib for one nap (which normally I would consider a huge victory), but it didn't last very long, and that's been just about the only real nap he's had.  He did fall asleep on my chest at one point, but when I tried to move him to anything but my chest, he cried and cried, never falling asleep again.  And toys?  He's having none of the activity gym, light-up panel, or (gasp) swing.  In general, the poor kid just seems OFF.  I am, however, grateful for the pacifier and its occasional help throughout the day.

I've decided that there's just nothing I can do today to make him happy.  I've moved up feedings, I've changed him every hour, I've rocked and danced with him (which, dancing is about the only time he will chill out... but there's only so much dancing I can take!)... and I think he's just having one of those days.  If he were a teenage girl, I'd say he's having some serious PMS.

Here's hoping he cheers up tomorrow, his great Aunt Suzie and Aunt Sara are coming to visit and his Grandma and Grandpa Larson are arriving on Saturday.  Cheer up Benny Boy!  (Your mom is slowly going a little crazy!!!)

If you're wondering when I had the time to write this blog.... the reality is that he's screaming in the activity gym on the bed next to me.  He'd be doing it whether or not I was writing... so I figured I'd get a little of the craziness out of my head and onto the blog.  Gotta stay sane somehow!!

2 comments:

  1. keep at it Ali! All your hard work will pay off in the end. I had one of those days just recently and the girls and I went for a looooooooong drive :) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you never know what's going on in those little heads of theirs. It's a full moon and that definitely affects their behaviour! But today is another day! :)

    ReplyDelete