Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day & Meeting Boaz!

We've been enjoying a great (and relaxing) week with Matt's parents in town, but before I do a big post about their visit (complete with the usual massive amount of pictures), I thought I'd share a few pictures from Benjamin's first Valentine's Day and his first visit to meet his newest friend, Boaz Lyon Westra.

I was lucky enough to have a friend call and get me a last-minute sub job on Valentine's Day at her school.  Normally, I'd hate to leave our little man (especially to sub!), but with his wonderful grandparents at home, I figured it'd be a nice way to give them some one-on-one time with him while I earned a little money.  It was the longest I've ever been away from BW, but I made it!  His daddy got him a very sweet Valentine's Day card and gave it to him right before he and I went on a fabulous date to ChoLon for dinner downtown that night (to say dinner was absolutely delicious would be an understatement!).  Benjamin got to spend the holiday evening with his Mimi and Papa Bear!

Our dear friends Joe & Keri (regulars on this blog as you may have noticed) welcomed their son Boaz Lyon Westra into the world yesterday!  Keri was 41 weeks and 2 days, so needless to say, they - and the rest of us! - were ready to meet this little one (they kept both the sex and name a surprise from all of us!!).  After a grueling labor (with no epidural!), Keri gave birth to the gorgeous little guy (holding him felt like he was a feather!!) at three in the morning.  We were thrilled to get to meet him later in the afternoon, and of course Benjamin was over the moon to meet his newest friend!  Once the two started fussing and crying at the same time, the four proud parents realized we are in for quite an interesting new phase of life together! 

proud dads!



I love this pic of Boaz and his momma!


almost making the same face!
Boaz tried to suck Benjamin's arm a few times... :)


Congratulations Westra family!!


This was pretty funny, and a sign of what's to come!  Both little boys needed a diaper change at the same time... lucky us ;)
 


A few videos of the new friends (the last one is mostly for the sound effects):


And since I haven't posted in awhile, here's a few pics of BWL til next time :)


Pics and stories from Mimi and Papa Bear's visit coming up this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Ben is looking big and beautiful! He's chubbing up just great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute Ali!! his cheeks are great :) and what a wonderful blessing and gift to have another couple to share this new parenthood experience with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Ali!!!! I just want to get my hands on that boy!!!!!!!! I hope
    we can find a time when you're not hosting company!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete