Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Thursday, July 5, 2012

The new way to sleep

We had an amazing 4th of July yesterday, but I have yet to upload the pictures, so a phone update (non-related) will have to do for the moment.  Plus, this post is about a topic that consumes much of my days/nights, so it's very relevant!

This is how the wild beast, er... Benjamin, likes to sleep nowadays:

Yep, that's him with his face smothered into the mattress.  And don't worry - he could breathe.  I mean, I DID worry and ran in and woke him up, but he only got mad at me for interrupting his snooze.  Apparently, even with his slight cold/stuffy nose, this is how things work now.  

He's been sitting up for a couple weeks, and the newfound confidence and strength means we now find him rolling over every chance he gets.  He squirms, cries, and kicks til he can get just right (and never rolls back to his back), and I'll find him in various positions all over the crib.  He also loves to grab the slats of the crib, so occasionally he falls asleep holding on tight or with an arm dangling out.  If this sounds scary to you, trust me, it was/is scary to me.  And if it doesn't sound scary to you... then you probably have kids.

These are some of the various positions he's been in the past few nights (that is, when he's actually sleeping...).  You can't tell in the first one, but his arm is dangling out of the crib because he conveniently threw his pacifier down there and was too lazy to pull the arm all the way back in...

Oh, and this is his cranky face... we get this a lot these days: 


And another shot of his "I want to be on my tummy until I get sick of it and cry for you to sit me up again" pose:
 
Oh Benjamin, you're a special boy :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment