Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Monday, July 23, 2012

While Matt was away...

My grouchy 6.5 month old :)

Well, first of all, the week started off with major construction in front of our house for several days.  Construction + Naptime = Fail. 


But, the rest of the week while Matt was gone ended up going great - the calendar was full, and Benjamin and I survived it.  (Don't ask about Lincoln.)

Here are some highlights (i.e. things I remembered to snap pictures of):

Celebrating Noah's 2nd birthday!  We LOVE that boy, and I know he and Benjamin will be fabulous friends as soon as Benjamin can do something other than sit up and chew on things :)  Noah is such a sweet and kind boy... <3 He loves holding "behbeh". :)





Benjamin's been LOVING eating solids.  So far he's a pro with squash and peas... but he can't get enough!  (After tasting his formula, I can see why!  YUCK)  It's pretty cute to watch him eat since it's such a new thing for him... he basically sticks his tongue out to say "give me more!".  :)





Wednesday morning I met up with the Turrill crew to do a little thrift store shopping and lunch in Cherry Creek.  Our boys just happened to both be adorned in CU attire (because they happen to have awesome moms) :)



That night we met up with my parents for a delicious dinner at Rackhouse Pub.  Benjamin (i.e. the Mini Grampa) shared lots of smiles and loved all the hugs and kisses!



We also sent lots of pictures to dad!  (Awake, and during naps!)


AND, we got a new ride!!  It's a long, long story, but let's just say this crazy frugal momma worked her way into an amazing deal that started and ended with Craigslist (with a few stops in between), and now we have a sweet ride for the little man (and a friend or sibling; it has a second seat that can be attached)! The sheer man hours I put into finding this stellar deal may not have totally been worth the effort, but at least I can feel accomplished.  Oh, and BW loves it :)


What week isn't complete without a trip to Target?  (With the recent heatwave, BW prefers to NOT sit in his carseat whenever possible... so he's been a big boy in the cart!)


And by LATE Thursday night (well, it was technically Friday morning), Matt finally got home.  We were so happy to have him back!  We celebrated with a walk down Broadway and drinks/dinner on the patio at Crimson Canary with Lincoln and Amber (and the new stroller of course) on Friday night.


Saturday we headed up to Longmont to celebrate little man Bode's FIRST birthday!  Mackenzie was a terrific host (with an adorable Frank Sinatra theme since Bode has the cutest blue eyes ever seen!), and it was fun seeing the gaggle of kids play while the adults tried to stay sane, er, I mean, chatted.  We love you Bode!! (M- I totally brought the wrong lens so pics didn't turn out very good... bummer.)














the sweet playroom




And some other random pics for now:

I love my momma!

Snuck in a few pictures of Benjamin and Boaz to get ready for their dedications at church next month!  (Neither was in a photo-shoot kind of mood unfortunately)


  Lean On Me

 We watched Boaz for a little bit on Sunday morning - Matt wanted to nap too!  Looks comfy :)

And yes, I watched the Bachelorette finale with Kristyn... Yay Jef!!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I like how your "I didn't bring my good lens" pictures blow my "these are my very best" pictures out of the water!!! you're a silly goose! Love them :)

    ReplyDelete