Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Monday, July 2, 2012

Beating the Heat

Benjamin (and his parents) had quite a busy weekend despite the seemingly never-ending, depressing heatwave we've been having.  (Though, for my DC friends, I must say it would be ten times worse if we lost power like you did... so sorry!!!)

This was Friday... somehow he just knew he was in for a long weekend!

Friday afternoon (after a delicious breakfast catching up with a friend who I failed to take any pictures of...), we headed to Julie's folks' place to meet up with some old (I mean, OLD) friends and their kiddos.  Katie, Lindsey, Julie, and I have known each other since who knows when (well, Julie and I became friends in 1st grade, so...), and we once upon a time had a "club" and called ourselves the Tangerines.  (I don't quite remember where that name came from, but I think it came to being during a middle school lock-in while we were probably eating tangerines)  Since high school, time and distance has made it hard to stay in touch, and I hadn't even met either of Katie or Lindsey's kids!  It was great catching up with them and seeing where life has taken everyone.  Somehow, everyone looks the same, but how can we be so old!?!




And I finally got to meet the sweet, sweet Emma!


The Tangerines and their six kids!

And since I was already out in the Boulder area, Matt and I decided to grab dinner at Walnut Brewery (there was a freak rain storm when we got there, so sadly we didn't get to peruse much of the mall).  





Saturday morning we were fortunate enough to get an invitation from our friend Ben to join him and some friends on a boat at Chatfield Res.  It was a perfect morning to spend on the water, even if Benjamin wasn't quite sure what to make of the slightly-too-large life vest and all the bumps and wind of the boat!  He was a trooper, and we had a blast.






















When we got home, BW was in need of a serious nap.  This is how we generally find him during naps lately:

That afternoon we headed over to Rachel and John's for a little "grilling" action (but we stayed inside to avoid the oppressive heat) :)  Boaz and Benjamin had a great time hanging out and you can tell they're both getting ready to actually play. We can't wait for Rachel's little one to get here so "he" can join in the fun! (I'm about 99% sure it's a boy!)




The dads decided to teach the boys a little boxing... it was quite a scene.




After boxing (and a failed attempt for Benjamin to nap), the boys broke in Baby VW's crib and shared some laughs while being as cute as ever :)







Sunday we headed out to Louisville to catch the second half of the Euro Cup Final (well, Matt watched it and I did some schoolwork at the coffeeshop across the street).  I did sneak in for a mini Law Daw reunion since Scotty was in town!



After soccer: family band practice.... we're playing at a wedding NEXT weekend, and I just sang some of the songs for the very first time...  yikes!

And last night we got to see one of my old friends/Holy Blue band members play a show at Nissi's in Lafayette.  It was so fun seeing him up there!  We joined my dad, who was our "producer" in the Holy Blue days, and I know it was fun for him to see Dan up there after all those long hours we logged as "young musicians" in his studio.  :)  Congrats Dan!




1 comment:

  1. friend...there are some IMPRESSIVE photographs in that array..boat ones with Matt and Benjamin are super great. :)

    ReplyDelete