Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Weekend? What weekend!?

It's already Tuesday, and I swear I can't even remember it being Thursday yet from last week!  Where does the time go, and who is making it go so quickly??



We had a fabulous treat this weekend with the surprise arrival of our friend Whit.  It was seriously a surprise.  We had no idea he was coming and he didn't want to make us feel obligated/overwhelmed (his words) by telling us he wanted to come hang out, but of course we wanted to hang out!!  It was great but just a tad stressful trying to fit everything in (per usual).  I keep saying that we're going to get less busy, but I guess we're too busy to figure out when that will be!

Friday night we enjoyed a fun supper group dinner at Bri and Howie's (complete with Bri breaking out her flute from middle school and Benjamin trying out a saddle on sweet Oscar).  Too bad I didn't take any pictures of anything else, because it was fun :)

 

Saturday morning I met up with my mentees from last year (who both did super great during their first year of college!) while Matt joined Whit and Amber on a hike in Boulder.  Not too surprisingly, he got VERY hot and sweaty, and I'm pretty sure Benjamin ended up on the back of Whit for most of the hike ;)


That afternoon Matt, Benjamin, and I stopped by a bbq in Broomfield at the home of my old Student Venture Leaders for a "reunion" of sorts with some of the people from our bible study way back in the day (like 15 years ago!).  A few folks were in from out of town, a lot of folks were missing, but it was great to catch up and see all the kiddos we've all managed to produce over the years :)  I'm so thankful for this group of people - though we may not keep in touch often, my life was forever changed by/with them all those years ago.  God definitely is good :)



Here Benjamin, try chewing on my hand for a change




Saturday night we enjoyed a tasty Mexican dinner in Amber's new 'hood and helped her get ready for her housewarming party, but Benjamin's fussiness and extreme displeasure with being away from home forced us to make an early exit before the party got too crazy.  I was sad to miss the party (her place is awesome!), but it was good to get BW to bed and get ready for another busy day on Sunday!

Sunday morning (while Whit and Amber took a hot air balloon ride over Boulder - jealous!?!?!?), Matt packed up for his work trip and we headed to Louisville to squeeze a family band practice in.  Benjamin enjoyed some of the tunes but inevitably got a little cranky being away from home again.  Sadly, we had to bail on City Park Jazz that night as I just didn't have it in me to take him out one more time, especially since Matt was off to New Jersey and Florida for a long work trip.

 Family Band Groupie:





Thanks so much for coming to visit, Whit!!  We love you :)

Matt's away till Thursday night so it's back to the grind for me - school, work, and a crazy busy baby boy! And to shake things up a bit, I even had jury duty yesterday :)  Thanks to Amber for watching the little man while I was performing my civic duty!



We miss you dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment