Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Friday, December 7, 2012

Happy 11 months!

Dear Benjamin,

Well, you are 11 months old.  Which means in just a few short weeks you will be ONE.  What?!?
Sorry for the low quality picture - you were none-too-cooperative for this and I was tired :)

{To compare to the previous months, see here (again, I'm too lazy/crazy to repost them!): 10 months, 9 months, 8 months, 7 months, 6 months, 5 months, 4 months, 3 months, 2 months, 1 month, 1 week.}

You are such a big boy and I can see your mind and body growing almost daily.  We love how happy you are and how you seem to love just about everyone. Already a social boy!




These days, one of your favorite things to do is show off your standing skills.  (Though you prefer to do it when you think no one is looking... you are not great at doing party tricks on command!  I think this is a sign of either a strong independent will or fierce stubbornness.  Maybe both.) You have gotten so strong and can stand for super long periods of time, and you generally like to do it while holding or chewing on a toy.  Almost every time it freaks me out just a bit.  How did you get so old?  As for walking, you've taken a few independent steps here and there, and you'll occasionally walk with us holding your hands, but I'm guessing it may not happen for another month or two (which is a-ok with me!!).  It's crazy to watch.  And so, so special.



You LOVE to eat.  We had a little setback this month with dairy/soy, but we've trucked on with your soy formula which seems to be going ok.  Sadly, I wish more than anything you could eat cheese, yogurt, and all the delicious tasty foods with dairy in them, but that will have to wait for now.  You do, however, love to eat plenty of other things.  Bananas, peas, avocados, raspberries, goldfish crackers, triscuits, chicken... the list goes on!  You even ate some chili the other day and really seemed to like it!  (There are of course things you don't like, namely kiwi) :)  And no matter how good your bib is, you get food EVERYWHERE.  I have never changed your shirt as much as I have these past few weeks!

eating is always a messy, messy, ordeal!
still loving bigger-boy cups!


Bath time is still just about your favorite time of any day.  We often find you literally banging on the side of the tub just wishing someone will put you in for a bath.  You splash like crazy, chew on the toys, dunk your face (we think you might be trying to eat the bubbles), and just generally have so much fun every single time.  It's fun for us to watch!




In general, little man, you are filled with lots of energy and excitement about life.  You don't like playing with toys as much as you do playing with anything you can that is not a toy.  You race to the stairs any moment you get to try to climb them at warp speed.  You show very few signs of fear and are willing to try almost anything (even if it leads to an inevitable bump of the head).  You even dive into Lincoln's bed (gross, I know) whenever I turn my back in our room. You really love shaking your head no (though I'm pretty sure you don't know it means no just yet) and look like Stevie Wonder.  You also LOVE pulling any and everything out/off of your changing table.  In 10 seconds you can pull about 80 diapers out and strew them across the floor.  (Fun) You make your momma very, very tired, but I wouldn't change a thing!

you loved when I pulled you around in a box!

It seems like you've been teething for six months straight, and the last month has been pretty intense.  But, that's because you got two new teefers next to your top two!  That's right, there are SIX teeth in your mouth these days.  Yikes!  And while you love biting on just about everything, you also love to be kissed and give kisses.  I think you finally learned what it means to give them, and it melted my heart when you leaned in the other day to give me a "kiss" at my request (with mouth wide open of course) :)

A little glimpse at some of my chompers...


Sweet boy, we love you so much!  I can't believe the next birthday post I write will be your year birthday.  You're not a baby anymore!  But you'll always be my baby :)

Love,
Mom & Dad



1 comment: