Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Busy

Yes, that is a purple nightgown. Blame mom!

Well, still NO NEWS.  I keep hoping that our next blog post will include the update on Ben's cystic fibrosis screening, but after calling the pediatrician's office again today, they informed us that the results are still pending.  Whatever that means.

But in other Larsonland news, we've been keeping "busy" (a newly defined term around here) as Matt eased his way back into work this week.  His awesome company let him work from home this week, so I've been trying to keep my distance while he sits at our dining room table all day on the computer.  Gotta ease my way into this new life too!  Life this week for me: lots of bottle washing, lots of diaper changes, lots of crying (with more and more full blown meltdowns), thinking about doing chores, attempts at reading, and recently, some dancing around the house to VH1 Divas.  Not too shabby!  (As a sidenote, I really think dads should be given paternity leave options similar to that of women... their role as supporters and parents should never be underappreciated!)

Other recent happenings:
  • Tried the Moby out... for those of you not in the baby-hood mode, the Moby is a wrap/sling that you can wear to carry a baby around and leave yourself "hands-free".  I'm not a pro at it yet, but I am wearing it currently as BW naps so I can type with two hands for once.  We'll see how this goes.
  • Switch to formula is complete...this difficult chapter is now closed and I am moving forward with a positive attitude.  If Yale turns him down, I give him the right to blame me and my bum boobs.  We've survived well so far, other than the sticker shock of how much $$ formula is!  Just add it to the growing list...
  • Showering... I am happy to say that I have averaged at least one every other day.  This has mostly been out of necessity and they are only squeezed in very quickly between feedings, but no matter the reason, I have at least stayed semi-clean.  (Winning!)
  • C-sections suck... I'm still feeling sore in my abdomen region but thankfully getting stronger every day.  A nagging pain on the right side of my incision forced me to finally re-visit the doctor to find out that it is re-opened a bit towards the end, but thankfully not infected.  The bi-daily cleansing of the "wound' is just one more reason to hate the whole c-section thing. Like I didn't enough already.
  • Disciplining Lincoln...well, things are generally going well on this front in so far as we haven't had any "mishaps" such as "attacks" or "bites" just yet.  We are worried, however, that Benjamin will begin to believe his name is "Lincoln!" or "Stinker!" due to the incredibly numerous times we shout that every day trying to get Lincoln down or off something while he tries to aggressively sniff or lick BW. 
  • Meals... we have not had to cook in 3 weeks now thanks to amazing friends and their gigantic dinners that we stretch out for future breakfasts/lunches/dinners.  This has been perhaps the best gift of all!  Have I mentioned enough how blessed we are to have such amazing people in our lives?  God is GOOD.
  • Sleep... I feel like I've already adjusted to living on very little to no sleep, but thankfully, we are in a bit more of a routine so that I could potentially be getting a few hours here and there.  Unfortunately, my body and brain aren't quite ready to shut down enough for me to fall asleep very easily just yet, but at least Matt is taking advantage of this a bit!  Maybe someday I'll learn how to sleep again.
Here is a picture dump from my phone... I haven't found much time to take "real" pictures lately.   Ben is staying awake a lot longer, which means he's fussing a lot more than he did the first week or two... which also means that I don't get much time away from him.  I hope this phase doesn't last forever!  I keep envisioning BW as a 13 year old crying and fussing all day long.  That would be the end of me.
"Watching" some football at Aunt Amber's house... or napping.

The "hmm... do I have gas, am I trying to cry, am I hungry?" face lately...

Maybe my favorite pic of him lately just because his face is SO darn cute!


BW joined me to Bible Study on Thursday - here he is with Kristyn!

Another fun face lately...

"Mom, I'm sleeeeepy"

"My new favorite thing to do when I'm not crying"

"'I love sleeping.  I just don't let my parents do it."


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ali... here's a few tips on the formula thing, since we're in the throws of it too. 1. Subscribe to Amazon Mom. 2. order your formula there. It's significantly cheaper. 3. Order your diapers there too. They're $37.99 versus $52.99 at Target. In fact, if you're already an Amazon Prime member, it doesn't cost you any more money to be an Amazon Mom member. We order literally everything for Mini Cooper on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete