Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Monday, January 30, 2012

Celebrations


our little monkey

This weekend was a great time soaking in the fabulous news about Benjamin's bill of health.  It was an extra special treat to be able to spend it with our dear friend Bryan, who flew all the way in from DC to meet the little man.  Bryan has been an important part of my life, and after meeting Matt, became an important part of both of our lives.  We have cherished our friendship with him, and knowing what an amazing person he is, asked him to be Benjamin's godfather.  We are thankful for his extremely big and generous heart, his strong and unyielding faith, his compassion for others, his love of knowledge (and sports), and his all around appreciation for living life to the fullest.  Our hope is that as a strong role model in BW's life, Benjamin will also embody such wonderful traits as these.  We are grateful for his willingness to play this role in BW's life!

It was an excellent weekend all around with dinner at Euclid Hall, drinks back at the Westin Hotel, brunch at Wild Eggs, strolling around our neighborhood, meeting up with friends at Rackhouse Pub, and enjoying a lazy Sunday in Boulder with family and friends.  Matt is back to work today, which means from about 7:15am to about 6pm I am on my own!  It hasn't been too bad so far, but I've been working on getting Benjamin to take better naps, which means I've also had to endure a lot of crying today.  This is a tough game to play!  How much do I let him cry (because that just hurts my heart!!!)?  At what point do I need to intervene?  Will he ever stop??  I've been reading a few books and have the "experts" opinions, so I'm trying it all out at this point... we'll see how it goes and who wins!!  And no, the house is not clean, the laundry is not done, and I have not showered.  I'll learn how to work these things in slowly... :)

Pictures from the weekend:


Brunch:


Visiting Buffalo Exchange:


Hanging out at the house:

BW loves playing with his daddy!

I love this picture - Matt napping with BW on his chest while Lincoln naps on his throne...
Enjoying time with friends at Rackhouse Pub:
 







Matt requested this pic be taken...

Toasting to BW's health with some champagne that Joe brought over to celebrate the good news!  I love these guys:



Taking a trip to Boulder on Sunday:

Brunch with fam at the Buff
Enjoying some time with Grampa!
Ahh... my first marg in about a year!  And at the Rio no less...
BW's first visit to Pearl Street!

 And some other, non-related pictures:
This is what happens when I feed or read to BW in the nursery - Lincoln always has to take part
This is what happens when I nap with BW - Stinker always has to join in...


our little sleeping beauty (or whatever is more manly than "beauty")
talking with his Aunt Amber
Stinker trying to get in the Boppy after he saw BW enjoying it so much
That's all for now!  Benjamin is, wait, is that... sleeping???  Time to wash some bottles!

2 comments:

  1. Sleep is rough, you gotta do what works for you. Maeve napped better on my lap than in the crib until she was about 8 months old, so she napped on the boppy while I typed my blogs with one hand! Good idea experimenting with the books, one method or the other is bound to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend :) Thinking about you today with Matt gone. Sounds like you were handling it well!!! You Super Mom, you! Your description of Bryan and being the godfather (not in the "Godfather" way) brought tears...so sweet. And you are looking GREAT! WOW! WE will be excited to meet up soon...the fam is passing around a cold so we will stay away till it's gone!

    ReplyDelete