Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy 2012!

Happy New Year!


Seeing as how several of us are with child (i.e. easily tired and occasionally boring), this year's New Year's Eve celebration was much more low-key than year's past.  We decided to try a price-fixed 4-course dinner at a restaurant in Cherry Creek with our friends to keep it simple but fun (note to self: don't book reservations the day before NYE - the great places will all be booked up). :-)  The dinner was great, but the tiny restaurant inside a hotel in Cherry Creek North, when compared to all the fabulous places we've got here in Denver, wasn't necessarily a locale we'd head to again (unless we were maybe 60+??)... Still, it was great spending time laughing and reminiscing with good friends!  We ended the night with a few games of Dominoes and some Ryan Seacrest back at our house with the Van Wylens. Can't beat that.  Happy 2012!



The next day we met up with my friend Brady who got us free tickets to the Nuggets game versus the Lakers (Club level no less!).  Thankfully, after an embarrassing Broncos loss to the Chiefs (seriously, I can't even watch Tebow most of the time and have to only catch up on replays...ouch!), the Nuggets pulled out a victory. We've been enjoying trying to squeeze some fun times in before the little guy arrives and adds even more fun to our lives :)




My dear friend Kristen was in town (I miss her!!), so we got together with some old college girlfriends to catch up and enjoy each other's company at Lindsay's house (while I got lots of labor/delivery advice from the four moms there!).  It was a great time, and I'm keeping fingers crossed tightly that I get to see more of that girl in the future ;)


In other Larsonland news, we finally finished the nursery!  After adding a few family pics and organizing some remaining gifts, I feel like it turned out pretty well, baseball theme and all.  Looking at Pinterest or various blogs, I often feel myself comparing our small, mostly hand-me-down nursery to those gorgeous, crafty, hip ones... but then I remember that Benjamin probably won't remember any of it, and in the end, all that matters is how much love will fill the room.  And that will be a lot, of course!










No updates as of yet on BWL's arrival - we're still scheduled for induction Thursday tomorrow (!!!).  We won't know for sure if that will happen until the last ultrasound which is tomorrow afternoon, so it will unfortunately be a last minute mental preparation as we're trying not to have any expectations - all our energy is being put towards praying for a healthy baby boy :)  I have, however, gotten much of the birth mix together, and yes, I shed a tear or two listening to it yesterday!  (And a special thanks to Mackenzie, my music-swapping sister, for sharing some great tunes with me!)  Can't wait...


3 comments:

  1. Ali! I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE your nursery. I honestly just showed it to one of my girlfriends the other day. It is easily as cute, coordinated, and hip as anything I've seen on pinterest :)

    Sara Freer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! I was just going to say the same thing!!! Its simply adorable!! And who else has a hip brick wall! You are giving pinterest girls a run for their money! Thinking about you so much!!!! Pray for u guys and lil benjamin every time you come to mind xoxo cant believe he will be here soon!!! Here comes your best role yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the nursery looks great! so organized! you and Matt are going to be fabulous parents...maybe starting TODAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete