Adventures In Larsonland

Adventures In Larsonland

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Firsts of the firsts

I can't believe that BW is 11 days old... The past 11 days have been a complete blur, but the things that seem to stand out most are all the adorable looks and snuggles with the little guy, the amazing friends that have kept us incredibly well fed (I mean, seriously, what would we do without you??), and the hilarity of Matt getting peed on on a regular basis.  :)  We're still adjusting to life as parents, and still so thankful to have uninterrupted time at home as we adjust.  Yes, I am still dreading the day that Matt leaves me home alone with our two boys... and when I think about that not-too-distant reality, I start to cry.  But somehow we'll make it!  (Well, hopefully Lincoln will...) :-)

We are still anxiously awaiting the test results to find out if Benjamin has cystic fibrosis.  Every day I send up prayers that God will spare us of that fight, but I know that somehow we will handle whatever comes our way.  I mean, we've survived the last 11 days and I already feel so much stronger and more capable than ever before.  Parenting is hard no matter what, so we will just take whatever God has planned out for this adventure (and so what if I cry??).  Thank you to everyone for all the prayers and encouraging notes, they mean so much to us.

But back to our adorable little booger.  The last few days have seen a few of Benjamin's firsts.

First walk with mom and dad (at Wash Park):



First bath (he both loved and hated it):



And our first night with his big brother back home:

We survived it all!  (More importantly, Lincoln survived and we haven't had to kick him out on his keester just yet... stay tuned on that front.)

And every now and then we catch glimpses of what are likely just signs of gas, but what I like to think of as smiles :)  I sure do love when he's awake, getting to look into his cute eyes (which we can't tell yet if they look more like Monroe eyes or Larson eyes - every day I see something different!). 

Here are some more fun pics:




The first time daddy picked out his outfit!


3 comments:

  1. Gas, my foot! Those are smiles! He is gorgeous and looks like he's starting to chub up a little :) Isn't Motherhood so amazing? You had no idea you were a very, very tired superhero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's gorgeous! And I agree... he's totally smiling!!

    ReplyDelete